I have never felt worse about Nebraska football

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

And it's a lot of common sense stuff. The most obvious set of the game of course is when McCaffrey comes in fresh with snow on the ground and strong winds and in our 3 previous plays we had a 7 yard run and a 9 yard run, and you have him throw it 2 times.

...and one of the two passes he throws was badly behind his guy, causing Allen to reach out for it & try to tip it - giving the defense an easy INT.

By and large I didn't really have a problem with play calling today. But I will say that the QB draws were working well and then we went away from it. Why do we go away from stuff until the defense begins to stop it?

• Plus1 1

Post game press conference same old stuff.  I don’t want to hear any more about practice when it doesn’t translate to the field.  I also don’t want to hear the new excuse being propagated of playing youth and their mistakes.  Frost is paid $5M to deliver results and so far he’s failing miserably.

16 minutes ago, Undone said:

...and one of the two passes he throws was badly behind his guy, causing Allen to reach out for it & try to tip it - giving the defense an easy INT.

By and large I didn't really have a problem with play calling today. But I will say that the QB draws were working well and then we went away from it. Why do we go away from stuff until the defense begins to stop it?

Exactly.  Early in season we ran qb to a fault. This was exactly the time to run qb and/or Mills a ton. 

• Plus1 1

I have never felt worse about Nebraska football

Why come we hear this exact thread after the Callahan losses?  After the Pellllini losses?  After the Riley losses?  And now after teh Frost games?

I mean, when do you never feel worse about Nebraska football?  News Flash... It's been going on for 20 years.  Just like Tennessee.  Suck it up

• Haha 1

Fans need to stop throwing everything on Riley. Yes, we all agree that he was a bad hire. No one doubts that but Frost has had the majority of his staff for three years and they have not been able to fix a thing. I refuse to believe that Riley did so much damage that a new coach and his staff could not fix for three years. There are tens of examples of coaches that turned things around in one year. If you are a good coach, you can. We all love the idea of Frost being our savior but he simply isn’t getting the job done and he has zero excuses. The fan base has been extremely supportive and optimistic, the AD gave him an undeserved contract extension, and he has been allowed to keep all his coaches even though most of them are incompetent. What do we get in return! Three losing seasons in a row, losses to teams with much less talent than us, and nonstop streak of undisciplined play, penalties, and turnovers. I can argue that Paul Chryst or Fitzgerald have done way more with less. When was the last time we won a $hitty trophy? We are the worst team in the BIG and every game is an adventure. So, is all this Riley’s fault? Come on, admit that Frost is lost. He is way out of his league. I am not calling for his head but I am also not convinced that he can turn things around regardless of how much time he is given. His style of coaching is simply not suited for this conference. All evidence is pointing to that.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

I’d suggest that anyone who feels bad about how this team performs in games should get themselves a life that doesn’t revolve around some college aged student athletes and their overmatched coaches. Might wanna start now cuz I’ve been efforting this for about the last 19 years and it took almost that much time.

Call me lazy but I actually prefer these last 3 years to the Callahan and Riley eras. Probably because IDGAF anymore, and in a weird way this is better. Crap like today used to ruin about two days for me. But today, after our initial series, I ran out to get some breakfast burritos and felt absolutely no compulsion to rewind the game when I returned. Then when the game was over, I went Christmas shopping in a perfectly good mood. Sure I would’ve rather they played well and won but they didn’t and I really don’t care because now it is just a game and team I choose to watch and I can walk away from it whenever there is something better to do. IDK, is this apathy? I have the feeling that last year’s Ohio State game is the last Husker game I will ever attend in person and I’m okay with that.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’d suggest that anyone who feels bad about how this team performs in games should get themselves a life that doesn’t revolve around some college aged student athletes and their overmatched coaches. Might wanna start now cuz I’ve been efforting this for about the last 19 years and it took almost that much time.

Call me lazy but I actually prefer these last 3 years to the Callahan and Riley eras. Probably because IDGAF anymore, and in a weird way this is better. Crap like today used to ruin about two days for me. But today, after our initial series, I ran out to get some breakfast burritos and felt absolutely no compulsion to rewind the game when I returned. Then when the game was over, I went Christmas shopping in a perfectly good mood. Sure I would’ve rather they played well and won but they didn’t and I really don’t care because now it is just a game and team I choose to watch and I can walk away from it whenever there is something better to do. IDK, is this apathy? I have the feeling that last year’s Ohio State game is the last Husker game I will ever attend in person and I’m okay with that.

No, it's not apathy.  It's just that you and I, and some others have seen it, been there and done it since those Callahan years (on this board).  Which means we aren't exactly falling apart after a game (or during it).  We know what competitive football looks like, what crap looks like, inconsistency and good football too. The years have sucked, but we don't lose sleep. 

And whenever this program turns around into a consistent top 12 team every year, like a real winning program, we will be there.  And until they do, we will be there while they struggle too.  But I also have to get some drill bits at Home Depot and a new miter saw lol.  When the game ends, life goes on.

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You’re being extremely judgmental. Just because we’re posting on here doesn’t mean any part of our lives are ruined. 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, biggiecheese said:

Bear with me, second time poster here: Except for maybe Tech in '04, I have never felt more despair about Nebraska. I had to go play golf after the second quarter (as some of you suggested I do last time I posted on here) before I could write this thing.

You Golf. I work in the yard. John Doe switches to a better game. Bill puts up his x-mas lights. Greg goes to target to get groceries. We don't care as much and that's scary. 

I'm a huge husker football fan, and I find myself caring less and less every week, and that's scares me at least.  Losing is the expectation now. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Nobody said:

this argument doesn't work when UCF couldn't win a flippin game before scott got there

Yes and no.  UCF went 0-12 in 2015, but the 3 years before that they were 9-4, 12-1, 9-4.  So they had a winning tradition and good recruits (for their conference) when Frost came aboard.  UCF just probably made one of the worst hires in CFB history after O'Leary left--it was the perfect recipe for a quick turnaround.

• Thanks 2