A little optimism

HANC

Okay.  I just needed this for my own sanity.  I am right with the majority on the board. Fed up, in dismay, etc...

But, I truly can see things.  3 of 5 oline starters are fr/so. They will get better. Almost every offensive weapon will return. We need to find qb to get people the ball. Smothers?

Defensively, I can see aggressive and hard hitting guys. This is a big step from 3 yrs ago. I see fire in defense. Do they make mistakes, yes. Guys like Nelson, Reimers, Henrich WANT to play. Our front is better this year. 

Look at how many 1 score losses we have since 2018, as pointed out on broadcast. That means those games come down to one play or one series. Once we learn how to win, that will flip.

Although we question SF, what is important is that his team doesn't. Guys who are already graduated or are 5th yr guys leaving consistently say behind the scenes how much better things are under SF than before he got here. They guarantee he will turn it around.

Yes, I question everything too. I will be pi$$ed the rest of the weekend, but next Sat. I will be watching and hoping.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

It’s funny how everyone has forgotten the D couldn’t tackle a 4th grader two years ago.  We get mad at the D because that’s all we see.  They are on the field constantly.  They’ve won one game this year and I’d argue haven’t really lost any games (there’s a couple that are debatable).

The offense has been the same all year.  Wandale running sideline to sideline, penalties, turnovers and a QB that is dared by every team to beat em mid/deep range.

The QB is what is hamstringing this offense.  This offense is what is hamstringing the team.

As horrific as this season has been, I think the are a decent QB from being an ok team.  The problem is...who is the decent QB for 2021?

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2

On 12/12/2020 at 9:28 PM, gobiggergoredder said:

The QB is what is hamstringing this offense. 

Not even close. Do you really think that QB play is the reason we're playing a WR at RB half the time?

• Plus1 1

On 12/12/2020 at 8:35 PM, Crusader Husker said:

My optimism is that my son plays CFB at a college in NY and I will be at most of his games next year and I wont have to sit through the nonsense this staff puts out every week.  5-7 feels about right for next year.  No bowl, no change and no hope.

5-7 next year would be an absolutely stellar season, and should be beyond expectations for this staff and program. 

• Plus1 1
On 12/14/2020 at 8:19 AM, Cdog923 said:

5-7 next year would be an absolutely stellar season, and should be beyond expectations for this staff and program. 

Plenty of other threads for the negative Karen comments.  This is the last corner of the forum where people who still believe can come to hang onto the last threads of hope.  I for one think we win Friday and in a bowl game to enter the offseason with a bit of momentum and then win 8+ in 2021.