NU will play at Rutgers Friday December 18 6:30 PM BTN

seaofred92

6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Can’t decide who sucks worse, the B1G conference or our football team. 3PM on a Friday...at Rutgers...what a f#&%ing joke. Michigan or Michigan State I would watch. This may very well be the first Nebraska game I don’t view any part of since Callahan’s last season. Really, really DGAF about this game.

Why is the conference one of your "what sucks worse" scenarios? We suck and we dont deserve name treatment 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Why is the conference one of your "what sucks worse" scenarios? We suck and we dont deserve name treatment 

Because there is plenty of room for more than one thing sucking.  It’s pretty much a given that our football team sucks. And if you want to disagree that the conference hasn’t exhibited integrity and hasn’t treated all member programs in a fair and balanced manner, then I’d like to see your evidence. My point was, we got the old bait and switch on what was indicated would be cross divisional matchups. We may not deserve a better game than Rutgers (if all we want to do is wallow in despair and self-flagellate) but at least a Michigan or Michigan State matchup (which this should have been) would’ve offered something a bit more interesting than f#&%ing Rutgers. So yeah, there is room imo to question which sucks more.

1 hour ago, commando said:

we are favored?   damn...that is the kiss of death.   

The only possible explanation is there are still too many delusional Husker fans who will bet on Nebraska. Being favored by 10 over Minnesota was absolutely crazypants. 4.5 points over Rutgers, after this last game, might be even more nuts.

1 hour ago, HANC said:

I agree and disagree. Kids will roll with winners. If we begin winning games, then even get into the Big 10 title game, kids will flip. I teach. I still see a crapload of Husker gear. Winning 1 year will help. Look at all of the fair weather people wearing Chiefs stuff, whom never cheered before.

This is the 100% truth. I live in Charlotte and am a huge Hornets fan, however there’s a ton of what I would call “casual” Hornets fans in the city because they’ve sucked for so long. Wouldn’t you know it we draft LaMelo Ball and all of a sudden everyone wants to talk Hornets and their preseason debut last night got as much local coverage as the Panthers game today. Jersey/apparel sales through the roof. And we haven’t even won yet! 

People cheer one of two things: interesting or good. The best is when you are both. 

5 hours ago, commando said:

we are favored?   damn...that is the kiss of death.   

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

The only possible explanation is there are still too many delusional Husker fans who will bet on Nebraska. Being favored by 10 over Minnesota was absolutely crazypants. 4.5 points over Rutgers, after this last game, might be even more nuts.

I honestly think they are just messing with us because they know that there are many idiots out there who would believe that we are better than anyone at the moment. Every time we are favored, our team makes sure to prove them wrong.

9 hours ago, lo country said:

Agree.  Godfather Alvarez wanted the Minnie vs Wisky game...Longest rivalry blah blah blah.....Didn't want to play to start, but sure as hell wants his "rivalry" game.....Need to play 6 games....No, just be OSU and go........This conference is some straight up rule bending to benefit whomever.....And now our 5th away game....NU, even if we started winning, would be treated like an outcast......

I'll watch.  Even though we suck. Nu is my team and always will be....

Look, I am not defending this conference as I actually hate it and hate all the teams in this conference. However, does it really matter for us whether we play at home or away? Has home field advantage meant anything over the past decade? We get our @$$es whopped regardless where we play. I honestly believe that this team performs better on the road. Also, when we start winning games like Ohio State and the conference does not treat us equally then we should complain. Right now, we have zero ground to complain. When you are bottom of the barrel no one cares what you think. Unfortunately, that is how it is with all the conferences. 

• Plus1 1

It will be a real Black Friday if we lose this game. Let's hope we get them now. They have their old coach back, and if he has the success he had the first time around, it's going to get harder down the road.

I've been a Husker fan to long to give up hope, so Ill just keep watching and hope for the best.

GBR!!!

13 hours ago, HANC said:

I agree and disagree. Kids will roll with winners. If we begin winning games, then even get into the Big 10 title game, kids will flip. I teach. I still see a crapload of Husker gear. Winning 1 year will help. Look at all of the fair weather people wearing Chiefs stuff, whom never cheered before.

What?. LOL

4 hours ago, Herbie_KC said:

What?. LOL

Ha...KC....not you buddy. Referring to some of my students who were rocking other nfl teams, now are all wearing Mahomes jerseys. Either they are all joing the fun or State Farm insurance holders.

Nebraska wins, fan base, young and old will buy in quickly. The attendance at UNL hasnt shrunk, fans still show up and we haven't won in a LONG tine.

• Mavric changed the title to NU will play at Rutgers Friday December 18 6:30 PM BTN