NU will play at Rutgers Friday December 18 6:30 PM BTN

seaofred92

18 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Look, I am not defending this conference as I actually hate it and hate all the teams in this conference. However, does it really matter for us whether we play at home or away? Has home field advantage meant anything over the past decade? We get our @$$es whopped regardless where we play. I honestly believe that this team performs better on the road. Also, when we start winning games like Ohio State and the conference does not treat us equally then we should complain. Right now, we have zero ground to complain. When you are bottom of the barrel no one cares what you think. Unfortunately, that is how it is with all the conferences. 

I'm down with this.  I'm just b!^@h1ng.  We get what we deserve.  I do think we get more attention as the squeaky wheel.  And some (most) isn't good...Win and a lot of worries go away. Winning cures a lot of ills.....

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Lining the two divisions up against each other in descending order is one of the few things the Big 10 got right. 

It's not the conference's fault that we earned Rutgers. 

Look again. That is not what they did. That’s what was promised but not what was delivered. That is what I have a problem with.

East

Ohio State 5-0 (#1 playing #1 NW)

Indiana 6-1 (#2 playing #5Purdue)

Maryland 2-3 (#3 playing #7 Michigan St in division)

Penn St 3-5 (#4 playing #5 Illinois)

Rutgers 3-5 (#5 playing #7 Nebraska)

Michigan 2-4 (#6 playing #2 Iowa)

Michigan St 2-5 (playing Maryland)

West

Northwestern 5-1

Iowa 6-2 (#2 playing #6 Michigan)

Minnesota 2-3 (#3 playing #4 in division)

Wisconsin 2-3

Purdue 2-4

Illinois 2-4

Nebraska 2-4

I guess my main problems with this “champions” :lol: schedule is it’s not what was laid out in advance and teams who failed to manage their Covid exposure are being rewarded with rivalry games and better matchups. I mean I really don’t care anymore but, and this may just be a personal preference, I’d sure rather be facing Michigan or Michigan State. Rutgers just means absolutely nothing to me. And yeah, I realize we didn’t do anything to deserve a better game. Michigan didn’t earn a game against Iowa. Wisconsin didn’t earn a game against Minnesota, or vice versa. But the B1G made them happen at our expense.

The champions :lol: is predicated on only 4 of the 14 conference teams having a winning record. I don’t know how that is even mathematically possible with no out of conference games :lol: Well I do know but it’s sad.

And the only reason Wisconsin and Minnesota are ranked any higher than Nebraska, Illinois and Purdue are because they failed to manage the challenges of Covid, played fewer games and are rewarded for it.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

East

Ohio State 5-0 (#1 playing #1 NW)

Indiana 6-1 (#2 playing #5Purdue)

Maryland 2-3 (#3 playing #7 Michigan St in division)

Penn St 3-5 (#4 playing #5 Illinois)

Rutgers 3-5 (#5 playing #7 Nebraska)

Michigan 2-4 (#6 playing #2 Iowa)

Michigan St 2-5 (playing Maryland)

West

Northwestern 5-1

Iowa 6-2 (#2 playing #6 Michigan)

Minnesota 2-3 (#3 playing #4 in division)

Wisconsin 2-3

Purdue 2-4

Illinois 2-4

Nebraska 2-4

I guess my main problems with this “champions” :lol: schedule is it’s not what was laid out in advance and teams who failed to manage their Covid exposure are being rewarded with rivalry games and better matchups. I mean I really don’t care anymore but, and this may just be a personal preference, I’d sure rather be facing Michigan or Michigan State. Rutgers just means absolutely nothing to me. And yeah, I realize we didn’t do anything to deserve a better game. Michigan didn’t earn a game against Iowa. Wisconsin didn’t earn a game against Minnesota, or vice versa. But the B1G made them happen at our expense.

The champions :lol: is predicated on only 4 of the 14 conference teams having a winning record. I don’t know how that is even mathematically possible with no out of conference games :lol: Well I do know but it’s sad.

And the only reason Wisconsin and Minnesota are ranked any higher than Nebraska, Illinois and Purdue are because they failed to manage the challenges of Covid, played fewer games and are rewarded for it.

Ah. I see what you mean. 

I think we would have gotten Michigan if we'd beaten Minnesota.

A team we beat (Purdue) gets to play a red hot Indiana team. That could have been us!

It's a mess. The Big 10s only obligation is to get out of the season alive, squeezing in one extra game that is literally meaningless.

If the Big gave Nebraska a marquee match-up, would we consider that respect or punishment? 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Ah. I see what you mean. 

I think we would have gotten Michigan if we'd beaten Minnesota.

A team we beat (Purdue) gets to play a red hot Indiana team. That could have been us!

It's a mess. The Big 10s only obligation is to get out of the season alive, squeezing in one extra game that is literally meaningless.

If the Big gave Nebraska a marquee match-up, would we consider that respect or punishment? 

Yeah, it shouldn’t matter to me. We stunk it up and don’t deserve any better than what we got. But at the same time, the inequity of it all bothers me. And you have a point, if we had gotten Michigan, a big portion of the fan base would be complaining that the B1G was punishing us. IDK, it’s pretty much a no win situation but I’d still rather have a shot at Michigan than a Rutgers game where we have nothing to gain and more to lose.

• Mavric changed the title to NU will play at Rutgers Friday December 18 6:30 PM BTN