MLB 2021 SEASON

suh_fan93

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just now, suh_fan93 said:

I agree.  Back to square one...ugh.  At least we had 2016.  

It's just so damn frustrating.  We went through around the 1998 - 2000 season when they acted like they were trying.  Then, went through a number of years with nothing major.  Then, they put together the 20216 season, and now we are back to nothing.  I don't get why they can't consistently try.

• Fire 1

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Good.  I hate the DH.  That's one reason I like the NL.

Eh ... I don't see how there is any value in having pitchers hit.  Obviously that's the traditionalist view but it seems pretty outdated at this point.  They don't want to bat/run for fear of getting hurt.  The only thing that it does is create strategy possibilities for late-game switches.  Other than that, there really isn't anything that makes the game better or more enjoyable by having pitchers hit.  Particularly after it's already changed for one year.  No reason to go back.

I've always been an NL guy but I just don't see the point of that anymore.  Or why it makes any sense to have different sets of rules for teams in the same league.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... I don't see how there is any value in having pitchers hit.  Obviously that's the traditionalist view but it seems pretty outdated at this point.  They don't want to bat/run for fear of getting hurt.  The only thing that it does is create strategy possibilities for late-game switches.  Other than that, there really isn't anything that makes the game better or more enjoyable by having pitchers hit.  Particularly after it's already changed for one year.  No reason to go back.

I've always been an NL guy but I just don't see the point of that anymore.  Or why it makes any sense to have different sets of rules for teams in the same league.

I'm not going to lose sleep if it gets changed.  But, I guess I am a traditionalist in that I feel if someone's going to play baseball, they should bat.  Having a pitcher who is at least some what of a decent hitter is rare, but also an interesting luxury when it happens.