Jaimes Turns Attention To Draft

42 minutes ago, Farms said:

Oh I agree there. I only brought it up because it probably lends some credibility that things are not hunky dory in the locker room.

I agree.  It just seemed like a bizarre decision.  But, it’s all water under the bridge now—hopefully.  

• 1 month later...

Do we normally create a single draft thread for former Huskers or anything? In any case, Jaimes is at the senior bowl. 2 of the only 3 clips I've seen so far have been him getting beat, but this is encouraging:

He hasn't been mentioned a lot and a were negative on day 1, but 95% of the senior bowl tweets are amateur "scouts" with a blog and no clue what they're talking about. Pauline does to some degree anyway. So could be Jaimes struggled day 1 and is turning it on here today, could be he's been fine all around and random fans with too much time on their hands take a lost rep as immediately meaning it's a bad day.

• 2 months later...

The Athletic NFL podcast had line-play guru Brandon Thorn on today to discuss line prospects and Jaimes was the first guy he mentioned as a sleeper. Full interview is here and he starts talking Jaimes at the 5:00 mark. I'm not going to transcribe all of it but some highlights:

"A little bit undersized guy; 6'5, barely 300 pounds and below the 34-inch arm-length threshold teams want ... but he's very athletic. His foot-quickness is certainly there, not just the foot-quickness but the patterns that he's executing in his pass set are very efficient. His hands are very good. He's consistently using his hands to reestablish position on pass rushers, and he just gets guys locked consistently. ... Now, guys who are able to convert speed to power are able to get into his chest and lift him up. I like to say his anchor is like he dies slowly. He's really going to have to work hard against elite-type power rushers with prototypical length, but I think his technique, his fundamentals, I think are really starter-caliber, and he's a guy I just wound up liking more and more as I continued to watch him. I think he reminds me of a Joe Thuney in college, an undersized guy playing left tackle. ... Terms like 'sophisticated, efficient, savvy', these are the things I kept thinking of when I watched his tape, and he was just a blast to watch because of that. I just wanted to see how he was going to figure out how to do the next rep. So he was somebody that I really liked and was pretty high on."

He also did a film room where he interviewed Jaimes here.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1