*Rumor* Mass exodus incoming.

With the attrition, lack of bowl games (extra practices) we are in a self fulfilling cycle of suckery.  Just as kids start to learn the system, add depth, maybe get to the point of being an "on the field coach", they leave, quit, get tossed etc Maybe just enough to hurt "the process" as well as the rumor mill of why they transferred, quit etc........And now we are back to trying to teach kids the system. Get them up to speed etc.....

IMHO, missing bowls is absolutely crushing NU's ability to bring kids along or up to speed (taking out coaching issues).  A senior like JoJo has lost approx 45 extra practices with never going bowling.....Luke apprx 30 etc......Missing bowls can't be over looked....

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Attrition is a problem if Frost wants the team to look like days of old and other BIG Ten teams. All these high rated kids would be contributors in 2-3 years. Now they are gone so we have to replace them with another high school kid. We need to keep as much of our classes together and develop them so we have good junior and senior classes. Not have all our talent be freshman and sophomores 

And therein lies the rub...getting kids into a redshirt,, or limited playing for 1.5-2yrs before becoming a real true contributor. 
it’s not just entitlement anymore. It’s the feeling these kids have they they are all just getting a damn rotten deal and being screwed over. 

saw that s#!t get worse every year coaching freakin little league thru 8th grade....Can’t even imagine the “raw deal” kids feel HS-College and beyond and just complain and bail. 

good things take time. Patience most often will be rewarded, or at least have the chance to be rewarded. 

If players leave because of Frost, it will not suprise me,  I'm tired of hearing "AM is going to be special once we get some better players around him" or something to that effect.  (almost word for word after Colorado last year, and it hasn't changed since then.)  I imagine the rest of the team would be tired of it too.  I hear it in the pressers, see it in the media, too many excuses, too much favoritism, too little self reflection and accountability (by the coaching staff).  

I may have been the only person in Nebraska who was not all in when we hired Frost.  Scott was a PAB back in college,  he was coached and mentored by a great coach, later in life I think he has tried to emulate that great coach, but he has not been successful in that transformation, because a leapord can't be a lion no matter how hard it tries.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

I just added it for impact...I have not heard his name brought up

2 hours ago, 308_Husker said:

You should not have said it, then. 

Which really could be said about the whole thread since it’s all conjecture at best. Somebody is maybe leaving. Maybe everybody is leaving. Maybe everybody is staying. Nobody has the inside scoop on what will happen. Maybe.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, I am I said:

And therein lies the rub...getting kids into a redshirt,, or limited playing for 1.5-2yrs before becoming a real true contributor. 
it’s not just entitlement anymore. It’s the feeling these kids have they they are all just getting a damn rotten deal and being screwed over. 

saw that s#!t get worse every year coaching freakin little league thru 8th grade....Can’t even imagine the “raw deal” kids feel HS-College and beyond and just complain and bail. 

good things take time. Patience most often will be rewarded, or at least have the chance to be rewarded. 

Look how many of these kids move schools in high school just for a better team or more playing time. Then you have the new narrative of you need to get yours, make $$$ off your likeness. Many of these kids think they are a brand and making $$$ in college will only make this worse 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm taking it as a good sign that Wan'Dale is speaking today. Red Rogue's track record speaks for itself, but I don't think I'd do a weekly presser if I was planning on leaving. 

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the presser. Why speak if you are leaving...why mention wanting a win Friday so we dont have to think about a loss over the summer..he sounded to me like someone planning on being here next year.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Players who have transferred in and players who have transferred out. 2019 to current.  Big Ten West division.

sWKJX3F.png

(borrowed https://forum.huskermax.com/threads/big-ten-west-transfer-portal-analysis.121242/)

Not shown decommit numbers. Probably Nebraska is top of the list :(

bEcPQha.png

need to carve 3rd gravestone

Iowa's numbers are pretty bad considering they have had the same coaching staff in place forever and have been fairly solid on the football field.

• Fire 1
  • Enhance changed the title to *Rumor* Mass exodus incoming.
  • Enhance locked this topic