*Rumor* Mass exodus incoming.

Now that the thread is completely off topic....

I've always found it funny that those that claim to want more financial fairness or refer to  college players as "slaves" are the very people that, in the end, will be responsible for turning off the spigot that's led to vast college football revenue, meaning future players will likely benefit less than they do now. 

But sure, some people that financially benefit now, perhaps more so than they should, won't be able to do so in the future, at least not to current extent.

• Plus1 2

43 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Now that the thread is completely off topic....

I've always found it funny that those that claim to want more financial fairness or refer to  college players as "slaves" are the very people that, in the end, will be responsible for turning off the spigot that's led to vast college football revenue, meaning future players will likely benefit less than they do now. 

But sure, some people that financially benefit now, perhaps more so than they should, won't be able to do so in the future, at least not to current extent.

Anything beyond letting a player make money off of name/image/likeness is stupid.

If Adrian Martinez can make a quick $10,000 by signing autographs at Husker Auto, good for him.  The third string freshman walk-on won't get that deal because of facts; but if the local ice cream shop in his hometown of BFE, NE wants to give him $100 to say they make the best burger in the panhandle, who is the NCAA to stop him?

• Plus1 1

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Seen a few comments in the game thread about Wandale leaving.... Wasn't sure if there was some smoke that I missed on here somewhere...

Haven't seen any actual evidence of that being true, but some to the contrary with an interview by Wan'Dale this week talking about the future.

• Plus1 2