*Rumor* Mass exodus incoming.

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Some, but definitely not all. And I don't think the QBs are why our passing plays are designed that way, there's just a lot of plays where we can take advantage of defensive alignment. There aren't always passing reads, because the reads are pre-snap for handoff, keep, or throw. We have plenty of pass plays that involve reading defenses, and anecdotally I haven't seen him just lock onto a guy whose covered anytime recently. Again the second Rutgers pick could count, but it looked to me like he cycled through the downfield receivers and thought he could fit it in late.

I also think the downfield struggles narrative is entirely coming from OSU/NW (when we didn't really call any - probably due to the defenses and lack of receiver involvement) and post-injury Minnesota. TD/INT is an issue for sure, I don't know why we can't throw TDs. I think some of it is a symptom of our lack of big plays as well though, when we score we're grinding it out so the TDs are shorter and more likely to be runs. And we still have fans saying we throw it too much in the red zone. 

Several touchdown passes were flat dropped this year - that doesn't help the ratio.  

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

So playing kids that don't know the playbook, kids that run wrong routes, and kids that can't get lined up correctly would have been better?  Seriously man...smh.  Some of you act like Scott held players off the field that were ready to play for some crazy directive.  We played a crap load of freshman this year and everyone got on the field who accomplished what was necessary to do so.  

Frost did play lots of young kids and that’s great .  Perfect year to do it.  People act like there was no talent on the team for AM or LM to throw.  Seriously man...

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Fair, but I'd love to see Adrian's compeltion % for passes thrown over 10 yards and see how that stacks up (and the quantity as well).  High passing % is good, but what does a high passing % do you if 95% of those are within 5 yards and our YAC is dismal?  QBs need to be able to stretch the field and based off what I've seen having watched every single game the past 3 years, I'd argue there has been a regression in this compared to year 1

We averaged 6.6 yards per pass which ranks 93rd IIRC......

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, lo country said:

We averaged 6.6 yards per pass which ranks 93rd IIRC......

I dunno about you but being ranked 93rd in any category pisses me the hell off lol

If we are that low then I'd want to see us top 10-top 15 in some other offensive category to help justify that and balance things out which currently we cant make a claim to

• Plus1 2

56 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Patrick obrien and gebbia both started this year. 

Not the best, but not exactly empty,at the level you say mario is, he should have done wonders for gebbia and obrien.

Depending on what they have in smothers,  he also has done very little to build up the qb room.

He has coached one really good qb in div 1. He spent most of this century at northern iowa and Missouri state. 

There is very little evidence that he is up to par for a power 5 program.

Except they left cuz they both got beat out... starting for a lesser program means Verduzco did something wrong??? Your logic or lack there of is astounding

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Not many QBs in the nation had a 71.5% completion rating like Adrian did in 2020.  That's pretty dang good, especially when you look at the inexperience and poor receivers he to throw to.  He also had a stretch of 100 pass attempts with zero interceptions.  It wasn't always pretty but Adrian 2020 was better than Adrian 2019.  People forget the experience he had to throw to in 2018 that made him look a lot better than he actually was.  

What was his percentage past 15 yards? It seems like most of his completions were less than 10 yards. He hit his check down quite a bit and had trouble throwing down field. This limits what the offense can do in my opinion. Yes, the receivers are mostly walk-ons but he missed a lot of wide open guys down the field and from the sounds of it, earlier in the season, did not see some wide open guys down field and went with check down throws instead. 

1 hour ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Patrick obrien and gebbia both started this year. 

Not the best, but not exactly empty,at the level you say mario is, he should have done wonders for gebbia and obrien.

Depending on what they have in smothers,  he also has done very little to build up the qb room.

He has coached one really good qb in div 1. He spent most of this century at northern iowa and Missouri state. 

There is very little evidence that he is up to par for a power 5 program.

Isn’t POB transferring again?  Didn’t Gebbia barely win the the job for OSU?

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

Anyone worried about LM leaving. 

If he is asked to switch positions and transfers somewhere else to play QB, I will wish him well.  If he ends up 3rd string at QB and transfers, same deal.

His only shot at the NFL is at a different position.  I hope that discussion happens next month and he stays.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, runningblind said:

If he is asked to switch positions and transfers somewhere else to play QB, I will wish him well.  If he ends up 3rd string at QB and transfers, same deal.

His only shot at the NFL is at a different position.  I hope that discussion happens next month and he stays.

You basically said same exact thing I posted right before you. We agree on everything