*Rumor* Mass exodus incoming.

This is just me, but I think having two LB coaches and no ST coach is a misallocation of resources which I hope gets corrected in the offseason. 

Re: Offensive Coaching Staff Adjustments - That whole side of the ball was such a .was at times it made me nauseous. What I believe to be true is that Lubick did have a role in changing the make up of our play selection in the last half of season which helped. IF that ends up being true I hope he is given a larger role in the offense next season.

If we can add that AM learns how to wrap up a ball going into contact, I may actually start to feel optimistic about our potential for next season.

• Plus1 1

I am ok with two LB coaches when we are showing improvement, but this next year they've got to find a pass rush to continue justifying that.   I don't want to see an existing coach take on ST as well, that is a cop out and still won't give enough attention to it.  If that's the plan then we know Frost still doesn't take ST seriously.

Now, extra coaches on the offensive side of the ball, leaving no coach on the worst team of the three isn't a sustainable plan either.  A lot of teams don't have a dedicated QB coach. A lot have an experienced OC who can chip in there,  which makes sense as althoughit is the most important position group, it's also the smallest.

However it's done, a full time ST coordinator who can make adjustments in game and actually talk to players on Saturdays is a must have this offseason.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

So if Verduzco is gone, does Frost hire a dedicated ST coach?  Or does he give that duty to say Ruud or Dawson and hire a dual role guy like Co-OC/QB coach?  Really interested to see if Lubick is actually the OC or not. If not, what exactly is his role....Just WR coach?  

Verduzzie is going nowhere, hopefully. 

Anybody can coach the special teams. 

We need to look into a new play caller, and different passing plays.

And that's pretty much it.  Unless you like gobs of swing passes, and stalling around the RZ.  Which nobody likes. 

Shouldn't be so difficult scoring 33-35 points a game on average. 

No portals yet for us as someone pointed out. That speaks volumes, kids like it here (?) 

always will be attrition, JD hurt for sure, the FL 4 didn’t hurt cuz they didn’t do anything anyway. 

Major coaching changes? hmmmmm, obviously need someone to take special teams full time but to hack out a coach and reassign doesn’t seem likely. Equal exchange IMO. 

it’s such a f’ed up year that to me everything is a wash. I’d be happy to keep as is, have a couple guys return using COVID replay year  and see how we land. I mean, hell, Frost isn’t going anywhere and besides the RZ, ST, and penalties, (which to me is athletes n age, next year we are FINALLY growing) we really played well enough to win 1-2 more games; I’m down to let it ride. But if they make a change for better ST and recruiting that’s okay too. 
we are close, believe it or not. 

20 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

What has harry potter done to make you want to keep him? Make luke a qb when he clearly is a skill player? Coached Martinez into regression?

Better yet who has he recruited? 

1 real QB. Martinez ruined him after 1 year 

3 project QBs. One may not even be a QB but a skill player 

Come on, we gotta do better than that. 

8 hours ago, Canadian Fan said:

This is just me, but I think having two LB coaches and no ST coach is a misallocation of resources which I hope gets corrected in the offseason. 

Re: Offensive Coaching Staff Adjustments - That whole side of the ball was such a .was at times it made me nauseous. What I believe to be true is that Lubick did have a role in changing the make up of our play selection in the last half of season which helped. IF that ends up being true I hope he is given a larger role in the offense next season.

If we can add that AM learns how to wrap up a ball going into contact, I may actually start to feel optimistic about our potential for next season.

In a 3-4 defense it is common, even expected, to have an OLB coach and an ILB coach. The linebacker unit is getting better and better each season and Coach Dewitt got the OLB's to play better this year and I expect them to be even better next year. 

We are finally getting a linebacker unit on the football field that is a Big Ten level unit. 

The only main change to make is hire a special teams coach and let coach V go to make that happen. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, uberism said:

In a 3-4 defense it is common, even expected, to have an OLB coach and an ILB coach. The linebacker unit is getting better and better each season and Coach Dewitt got the OLB's to play better this year and I expect them to be even better next year. 

We are finally getting a linebacker unit on the football field that is a Big Ten level unit. 

The only main change to make is hire a special teams coach and let coach V go to make that happen. 

Yea coach Dewitt really had the linebackers playing well. At UNC

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 4

I do not comment a lot but read every day.  This place is awesome with great insight and venting.  

Regarding Mario, do not discount his ability to build a qb room.  His task at Nebraska was unlike others, had zero qbs.  He got a great Freshman but that was it.  AM was then sacked with capt duties as a soft spoken soph.  Way too much to process.  And he has been injured each yr.  it was a mess when he took it over and it still needs a lot of work.  

I’ve known Mario, I’ve have watched a couple games with him.  He is a guru.   Also know a couple qbs he coached and they swear by him.    

You have to consider the hand he was dealt vs just blasting his ability.   He was short stacked.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, CFHusker said:

I do not comment a lot but read every day.  This place is awesome with great insight and venting.  

Regarding Mario, do not discount his ability to build a qb room.  His task at Nebraska was unlike others, had zero qbs.  He got a great Freshman but that was it.  AM was then sacked with capt duties as a soft spoken soph.  Way too much to process.  And he has been injured each yr.  it was a mess when he took it over and it still needs a lot of work.  

I’ve known Mario, I’ve have watched a couple games with him.  He is a guru.   Also know a couple qbs he coached and they swear by him.    

You have to consider the hand he was dealt vs just blasting his ability.   He was short stacked.  

Not discounting your direct perspective as clearly you've got some info that I don't have access to.

My rebuttal would be, this is fine in years 1 and 2 but we're now entering year 4 and we still are a 1 QB room and that QB hasn't shown a progression most would expect entering his 4th year in the system.  

There are far too many throws at the feet, throws too late, throws airmailed, and lack of read progression that indicates progress is being made. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1