*Rumor* Mass exodus incoming.

28 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

I think we're trying to lay blame at the wrong generation.  To the bolded, those responsible would happen to be their parents.  It's my generation that really is to blame.  I'm in my mid-40's, and my generation is totally to blame.  While I am not a teacher, I have family that have been in the business for quite some time.  They've all told me that about 15 years or so ago parents went from disciplining their children when they screwed up at school to blaming the teachers when their children screwed up at school.  My generation has taught their children that nothing is ever their fault.  If they don't succeed, it's always someone else's fault.  We reap what we sow. 

Kudos... I dont think its appropriate to lay blame on a generation period, specially when the process in question (transfer portal) was put in place by those in power most likely in their 40s-60s... Kids have always been self centered, naive, and feel invincible.  Sure, its easier for them to go elsewhere today, but thats a result of a rule change, not some societal miss with a whole generation.

If anything, we should be figuring out how we can best position this progrum to play by the new rules- and thats largely driven by on the field results.  I'd rather look internally and address all of the misses from this staff that put us int his situation, compared to b!^@hing about some transfer portal which applies to every football team, not just ours.

55 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Players who have transferred in and players who have transferred out. 2019 to current.  Big Ten West division.

sWKJX3F.png

(borrowed https://forum.huskermax.com/threads/big-ten-west-transfer-portal-analysis.121242/)

Not shown decommit numbers. Probably Nebraska is top of the list :(

bEcPQha.png

need to carve 3rd gravestone

Pretty bad when you beat the racists and fleck at attrition 

I guess I’d be interested to see how many of those players were shown the door v who just up and left 

also, if they never really played can’t say we miss the production. For sure would like to have seen what some of the higher rated players could have done. But it’s different than say Mo W or JD S leaving, known commodities. 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, I am I said:

I guess I’d be interested to see how many of those players were shown the door v who just up and left 

also, if they never really played can’t say we miss the production. For sure would like to have seen what some of the higher rated players could have done. But it’s different than say Mo W or JD S leaving, known commodities. 

It’s still nearly two years worth of players.  Im not sure if that’s all scholarship guys or just transfer portal guys? We have a large roster. Probably larger than most. 

I'm sure we'd still be winning, but the rest of the schools are farther removed from coaching changes. You bump Minnesota back another year or two and they have a bunch more. We had a ton leave for sure, more than a normal coaching transition - but comparing to schools like Wisconsin, Iowa, and NW who have almost no coaching changes ever is not apples to apples either.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

There are a lot of things Frost and Co. need to address, I don't see attrition as a problem.  Attrition weeds out players who aren't part of the solution & it's necessary to manage a 85 player roster as awful as that reality is.  Did Spielman tear it up at TCU?  Did Shorter become Randy Moss after ditching Penn State for Florida?  Is Tyjon Lindsey Jaylen Waddle at OSU?  Outside of the QB position, where opportunity is limited, the vast majority of players entering the transfer portal are the same kids who would have simply washed out, or redirected their playing careers through JUCO or lower divisions in the past, & the cold hard fact is that is exactly what happens to most anyway.

Maturity & the marriage of entitlement/personal responsibility has always been an issue in the transition from HS to CFB & it always will be.  The transfer portal is nothing more than a vehicle for the NCAA to give players the elusion they have more power so they can delay the inevitable as long as possible and keep the gravy train rolling.  Losing breeds discontent & I hate seeing talent like Keyshawn Greene & Marcus Flemming leave the program, but if they aren't willing to put in the work, the talent is useless anyway, & as we've seen, often counter productive.  

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

There are a lot of things Frost and Co. need to address, I don't see attrition as a problem.  Attrition weeds out players who aren't part of the solution & it's necessary to manage a 85 player roster as awful as that reality is.  Did Spielman tear it up at TCU?  Did Shorter become Randy Moss after ditching Penn State for Florida?  Is Tyjon Lindsey Jaylen Waddle at OSU?  Outside of the QB position, where opportunity is limited, the vast majority of players entering the transfer portal are the same kids who would have simply washed out, or redirected their playing careers through JUCO or lower divisions in the past, & the cold hard fact is that is exactly what happens to most anyway.

Maturity & the marriage of entitlement/personal responsibility has always been an issue in the transition from HS to CFB & it always will be.  The transfer portal is nothing more than a vehicle for the NCAA to give players the elusion they have more power so they can delay the inevitable as long as possible and keep the gravy train rolling.  Losing breeds discontent & I hate seeing talent like Keyshawn Greene & Marcus Flemming leave the program, but if they aren't willing to put in the work, the talent is useless anyway, & as we've seen, often counter productive.  

Attrition is a problem if Frost wants the team to look like days of old and other BIG Ten teams. All these high rated kids would be contributors in 2-3 years. Now they are gone so we have to replace them with another high school kid. We need to keep as much of our classes together and develop them so we have good junior and senior classes. Not have all our talent be freshman and sophomores 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

The good news is that we will have no problem balancing the scholarship numbers like the other fools during this Covid mess!

Yes. Hopefully with the attrition, guys that are younger will also take advantage of the extra year  (such as Rogers, Reimers, Daniels, Ty Rob, Allen, and etc.) and we won't face the scholarship issue most might.

I'd put Wan'Dale and Cam Taylor-Britt but I suspect they will go pro after 4 years.

• Enhance changed the title to *Rumor* Mass exodus incoming.
  • Enhance locked this topic