B1G GRID & STANDINGS -- 12/15

A few observations.

Nebraska is the only team from the west that played tOSU.

Northwestern's two east opponents were Maryland and MSU.

Indiana only played one team from the west (Wisconsin) and beat them.

Hey, I know we stunk it up on the field but this Covid schedule BS did not do us any favors. Guess we knew that from the git go though. But just sayin', if any team ranked above us in west plays OSU or Indy we move up 3 spots from the cellar. Not that it matters....

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

A few observations.

Nebraska is the only team from the west that played tOSU.

Northwestern's two east opponents were Maryland and MSU.

Indiana only played one team from the west (Wisconsin) and beat them.

Hey, I know we stunk it up on the field but this Covid schedule BS did not do us any favors. Guess we knew that from the git go though. But just sayin', if any team ranked above us in west plays OSU or Indy we move up 3 spots from the cellar. Not that it matters....

Just pretend, final standings.  BLUE=Win/Loss columns; December 19th results ... no upsets except NU vs RUT

Wrmqo7j.png

Obviously, no bowl bound, four in a row (Huskers)

1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Just pretend, final standings.  BLUE=Win/Loss columns; December 19th results ... no upsets except NU vs RUT

Wrmqo7j.png

Obviously, no bowl bound, four in a row (Huskers)

Weirdly, still some lingering chatter about a bowl IF a "W" on Friday...

Well, if we beat Rutgers (god I hate how that sounds) we would likely end up with the 8th best B1G record, with tOSU in the playoff, that effectively makes us 7th. The top 5 go to the tie-in bowls, that leaves only one other B1G team ahead of us vying for up to 4 at large bowls. IDK but it seems that’s probably a better chance than 1:1000. Of course we have to win Friday....just puked a little in my mouth.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Yes but 1:1000 chance to invite bowl.

Plus at least 10 bowls canceled so far.  B1G tie-in, Pinstripe, Holiday and RedBox, canceled.

dHOsoT2.png

If Ohio State made CFP final four, then added Rose or Sugar bowls

I am not making predictions. Just pointing out the fact that, with no minimums, there is still an awful lot of chatter about Nebraska negotiating behind the scenes.

That's all I'm saying and I guess we'll have to wait and see, although if I were a betting man, I would gladly take that thousand to one odds.