Bowl Game - Huskers Decline

SDHUSKER

After Pelini was fired, Nebraska treated the 2014 USC Holiday Bowl as a test run for a high octane tempo offense. It worked pretty well as I recall, although the Husker defense couldn't cover its end.

If Frost wanted to roll out a new look, some new players, and even a bit of a gamble for either Rutgers or a self-selecting bowl game, I might get a lot more interested. 

Getting more reps doing things that clearly aren't working doesn't help the team and isn't fun to watch. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I feel this is huge.  We haven't had bowl practices for several years and last year we didn't have spring practice either. This greatly affects developing players.

I agree, but at the same time this is a year I'd be willing to let it go. We've already had way more December practices than we usually get, and the players deserve a break. It's been a long year, even though they haven't been able to practice/play for all of it. The bowl game would be an extra week or so (maybe less if we let them go home for Christmas), and I don't think it's worth sacrificing their personal lives for that little time. Let them go home, as much as I'd love watching another game.

• Mavric changed the title to Bowl Game - Huskers Decline