Bowl Game - Huskers Decline

SDHUSKER

I am quite entertained by some of the outrage being expressed by some fans at the mere mention of players being done with this season. I don’t blame them one bit if they determine this season is over. They know, as well as we do, that they are not bowl worthy. And this Covid BS, they have to be fed up with it. Extra practices are a lot of work and the usual benefit of bowl prep this year is not like any other year. I say exit this effed up season with the Rutgers win, go spend the holidays with their families and hopefully come back with fresh resolve and attitude for spring ball. With the current state of things a few more practices now probably does more harm than good. The coaches, players, anybody associated with Husker football has to be exhausted and mentally done with this season, I know I am.

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Im sorry,  this is gibberish.  Utter garbage.

Society as a whole is exhausted,  tired.  These players have dealt with a ton this year.  More so then the rest of society. 

They have earned break. So many selfish, entitled people on here.

Good call Lightfighter

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I think Scott said something to the effect had they known the big 10 was going to delay season they wouldn't have brought the players in so early. They're probably tired of being tested and locked up. I mean they are college students.

I think we've sent teams to bowl games that didn't want to play and got embarrassed.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

50 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Not going to an optional bowl game is absurd.  The thought is not even in the mind of any AD or HC in FBS....except those teams with a break-out and Nebraska. 

We were kicking and screaming to have a season at the start of the year.  We even went as far as to threaten lawsuits against the B1G.  This resulted in our relationship with the conference being tossed into the gutter.  At which we saw an uptick from the usual in horrific calls that killed many drives this season and handed us a horrible schedule having to play the two divisional winners right out of the gate.  

I know they are tired.  I know this season has sucked.  I know Scott lost his father.  But you are a PLAYer because you want to PLAY.  Refusing a 'bowl' game when we the fans have not seen one for 4 years is beyond unacceptable.  It is looking like the players voted no...political move by Scott to put the fall-out of the decision on them, and just one more instance of him throwing the team under the bus.  For many fans this is one more nail in the Scott era coffin.  

Dude, get over yourself.

• Plus1 8
  • Fire 1

These guys have been isolated for months in order to play what turned out to be a horrendous season.. I had a close connection with somebody on the team. Long story short he was miserable and quit, when he went in it was implied that he was among quite a few that had decided to call it quits in the last couple weeks.. I’m telling you guys that it’s just not fun right now and we are better off letting these guys go home and regroup. Hopefully most guys return and we can get back on track next spring. 

• Plus1 1

If the players did indeed vote no, then that speaks volumes about their willingness to improve and get better. To be honest, I don’t believe it is the players who said no. In the interview with Frost after the game, when he asked about the possibility of playing in a bowl, he said that he will talk to the players. If he really wanted the opportunity to get a few more practices, he would have replied positively about having the opportunity to play in a bowl.

Had we lost to Rutgers, I would have no objection to call it a day. But we won and we did not play our best football. We had some new promising young players play. It is only fair to get them more reps before next season and see if they are capable of playing a clean game.

I am not buying the excuse that the players are tired. Aren’t these the same players who complained when the BiG announced that they will not be playing this season. Also, we had one game get canceled so we played one less game than other teams. In fact some teams have already played 11 games this season with their conference championship game. I do not see these teams complaining about being tired. So, are we admitting that we are weaker and much less resilient than those teams? If that is the case and that is how Frost chooses to approach this, then it will be a very long time before we become relevant. Players opting out of a bowl game when they have not gone to one in three years tells me that the culture of the team is not as strong as we are led to believe.

I know I will be attacked after this post because apparently I am a horrible, selfish, and inconsiderate person who wants his beloved Huskers to play in a bowl and compete and get better. Such a horrible thought...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Bowl Game - Huskers Decline