Bowl Game - Huskers Decline

SDHUSKER

Some people want to say negative things about the team if they dont want to go to bowl game.  This is no indicator of mentality, drive, dedication, etc....

Open your eyes and take a look around at the landscape of college football. A lot of teams have and will make same decision. Our guys stayed healthy, fought since March, struggled but still showed up and played on the road in sub 20 degree weather. Played well enough to win and gave effort for this State. 

God Bless them. Give home and enjoy break. Should not have to worry about people who want to sit in their living room being selfish.

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

This tweet makes it sound like the Defense said yes and the offense said no:

This will certainly not fuel the rumors of a lack of team unity... (/s)

...and it’s all good with what the kids decide. 2020 has been a dumpster fire of a year, more for some than others. If the kids are burnt out, I don’t blame them one bit. 

Having said that, I would like to see the NCAA allow teams to have additional practices in the spring to make up for the lack of a bowl season. Baby Jesus knows we need the extra reps...especially if you believe the B1G Post-game analysis that suggests we have the right kids to win—they just have to quit shooting themselves in the foot. 

19 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am sorry if some fans don’t like what I am about to say but it is what I truly believe.

We simply cannot afford to say no to a bowl game if we are offered one. If this team with so many young players don’t experience a bowl environment and the joy of winning a bowl game, how are they going to consistently drive towards better bowl games. And yes, I am assuming that we win if of course we play smart and don’t commit atrocious penalties and turnovers. If we do not start a culture of consistency and passion to compete for conference championships and superior bowl games, then what are we doing? 

The state of Nebraska deserves to see their team play in a bowl after a three year absence. This is a chance for this team to play one last smart game and give the fans hope about the future. The coaches need this bowl game more than the players. They have been outcoached in almost every game this year. 

What bowl environment?  Did you forget that we still have a covid around?  There will be no festivities leading up to the bowl game, they'll be couped up in the hotel room and there will be no fans.  There won't be a "bowl environment" like in years past. I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to play.

This should be the season to have bowl games at home fields. Most of the appeal to the athletes is the free trips and swag they get. You're definitely not going to Sea World or wherever this year, so let's just get them some merch and have it in somebody's backyard. It'd be a prime opportunity to get some of these southern teams up north into some real weather.

10 hours ago, Mastershake said:

How come these damn selfish kids don’t work hard and run fast and stay separated from their families so I that I can watch them on my comfy chair over some Carne Asada fries and and 12 PBRs?  Damn millennials and their entitlement and their crippling debt.

Wait just one damn minute here; there's one thing we really need to address about this post, and right this second....

Where are you getting these Carne Asada fries from? 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Bowl Game - Huskers Decline