Bowl Game - Huskers Decline

SDHUSKER

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Yeah sorry, my empathy for this team is starting to dwindle. The empathy is leaving to make room for the apathy that is coming in. I've coddled this program and team for 20 years now, trying my hardest to believe the 90s and prior were coming back and refusing to believe Nebraska football was anything other than greatness and holy. I'm tired of the podium talk, i'm tired of the constant talk and hype, I want to see some sort of results, some sort of improvement, some sort of sign that things are in fact changing, but when you get a majority of guys quitting on the season after a terrible year, well they've clearly given up on the season so as should I.

Cool. 

You should remember that the people who coach, play and train the team are people too, though. They aren't here solely for your entertainment. 

• Plus1 2

But hey this fanbase will travel and overtake Colorado's stadium to root and support this team, as this team continues to make repeated mistakes they've made for 15 years, but no worries, they'll tell us all how much it meant to them and how tough of a loss it was during their post game press conference. 

Just now, Cdog923 said:

Cool. 

You should remember that the people who coach, play and train the team are people too, though. They aren't here solely for your entertainment. 

Yep they are, just as the fans are people too. The fans that have kept this program relevant for two decades as the team has been "rebuilding". I love Frost, I want him to be at Nebraska until he retires, but this team deciding the year was too rough to stick it out for 8 more days to play one last time really highlights the issues with this roster.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

But hey this fanbase will travel and overtake Colorado's stadium to root and support this team, as this team continues to make repeated mistakes they've made for 15 years, but no worries, they'll tell us all how much it meant to them and how tough of a loss it was during their post game press conference. 

I mean hes not wrong

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Yep they are, just as the fans are people too. The fans that have kept this program relevant for two decades as the team has been "rebuilding". I love Frost, I want him to be at Nebraska until he retires, but this team deciding the year was too rough to stick it out for 8 more days to play one last time really highlights the issues with this roster.

When the fans are forced to subject themselves to what the team has had to for the last 9 months, then they can have more of a say in how the team operates. 

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

I mean hes not wrong

He is, though. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Realistically this is a meaningless bowl game after going 3-5. Some of these kids are tired & haven't seen their families in 8-9 months. The hardest decision some of you make in a week is to get out of bed on the weekends or get up and go to the gym before work. These dudes fought like hell to bring football back. Rest up for spring ball fellas. Thank you seniors. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

When the fans are forced to subject themselves to what the team has had to for the last 9 months, then they can have more of a say in how the team operates. 

He is, though. 

I wonder how many Nebraska fans have had to try and support a family and make a living these past 9 months during a pandemic. These guys are taken care of by scholarships and practicing football for the past 9 months. 

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

He is, though. 

Stop being defensive and start reading what is being said.  If your going to stand on the hill be prepared to take fire.  You are right and i agree that none of us on here know that the team and staff had to do to keep covid at bay.  And if i had a opportunity to try and set me and my family up to recieve millions of dollars in the future your dam right id play another game, your dam right id pad my stats to try and make it to the next level.  boneyard is trying to say that winners are willing to make the sacrifice others pack it in.  There are lots of players who want to see there famlies around the country.  But they wont because there doing what needs to be done, that is what is being said.  Who cares if its hard, if it was easy everyone would do it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1