Bowl Game - Huskers Decline

SDHUSKER

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

It would generate more revenue for the Big Ten, so unless it's a choice of us OR someone else, I can't imagine why they'd make us stay home.

Unless that "schedule your own game" thing is real, in which case, why not do that? Have SDSU or Chattanooga or someone come in and play.  

I'm not sure it would really generate a lot more revenue.

5 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

That's what I was thinking.  Kansas could use the money, plus they have a center that hikes the ball over the QBs head ever higher than yours does and with alarming frequency.  

Nothing like drubbing Kansas to improve morale

Like the way you think lol.  Only problem is I'm not sure we can feel confident about drubbing anyone.  

• Plus1 2

With the about face taken by University Presidents and Conference Administration, this season has been nothing more than developmental for most schools.  I have heard several folks talk about the importance of extra bowl practices, but honestly, the games have been by far the most important aspect of a season where players did not take an eligibility hit.

The Kansas idea has merit.  With a bowl highly unlikely, and given the strange circumstances around this season, why not request a waiver to play against KU in Lawrence?  Clearly, the team needs more game reps.  

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but it's a hard, hard pass on a bowl game this year. Just end this dumpster fire of a season. 

Agree. 

Boston College had a legitimate 11 game winning season and the players voted to opt out of a guaranteed bowl game to spend December with their families. Apparently there was a big cheer when the vote was cast. Kansas State, Louisville, Va. Tech, Stanford, Pittsburgh and Virginia have opted out, too. 

Imagine committing to the practices, not seeing your family over the holidays, and having the game called off a couple days before kick-off. Yay. 

I get the supposedly irreplaceable value of game situation reps, but if there's the slightest remaining hint that a bowl game is the reward for a regular season, I'd opt out as a matter of pride. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Agree. 

Boston College had a legitimate 11 game winning season and the players voted to opt out of a guaranteed bowl game to spend December with their families. Apparently there was a big cheer when the vote was cast. Kansas State, Louisville, Va. Tech, Stanford, Pittsburgh and Virginia have opted out, too. 

Imagine committing to the practices, not seeing your family over the holidays, and having the game called off a couple days before kick-off. Yay. 

I get the supposedly irreplaceable value of game situation reps, but if there's the slightest remaining hint that a bowl game is the reward for a regular season, I'd opt out as a matter of pride. 

Pride ?  What is this thing pride that you speak of ?

• Mavric changed the title to Bowl Game - Huskers Decline