Bowl Game - Huskers Decline

SDHUSKER

21 hours ago, rdg25 said:

The irony.  It's the ARMED FORCES bowl.   I know there's contractual issues, but to say to the Army you are the Armed Forces but not play in the bowl game.  It should be overridden somehow.   And the Military Bowl in Annapois called off for lack of teams--well you got Army and Nebraska.  Maybe the trip to Rutgers (a great great win) wore them out, too cold, too frosty.

Good for 9-2 Army, they are going to the Liberty Bowl Dec 31, against West Virginia.  Tennessee dropped out, opted out. 

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

All I know is this. No more Mother f#&%ing extensions until we get a 10 win season. After next season Frost will be back down to 5 years. If we win 4-5-6-7 games next year I do not want to see another 2 year extension. We need some proof of where this is headed before we lock it in any further- we NEED to have options the next few years. There is no reason to make 7 years the standard. 3-5 is good enough for most everyone. If he reels off 10 wins, 10 wins, 11 wins. Ok lock him down for 10 years. But until we get to that level he is not worth it. No one is coming to steal a sub 500 coach away from us.

Meh, I'll ride all day with Frost as head coach. I'd rather put the future of this program in the hands of a fan, Nebraskan, and former player instead of some outsider. Frost is still young and still learning how to run a program, I guess in the grand stage of it all, he only got a couple years at UCF to run his program, maybe because it was such a quick turnaround and success it felt like he had more experience, but actuality is he doesn't have all that much experience at all. So I'd rather stick with him for as long as we can and he wants to turn things around here. We aren't getting a top proven head coach to come here, the job is far too hard.

But my worry isn't whether or not we give Frost an extension, my worry is if Frost will want to remain here himself if he continues to get 4-8, 5-7 type seasons. I was elated to get Frost from UCF, I knew this fanbase was very excited to get Frost from UCF, it was a grand slam hire and the future seemed incredibly bright, but there was always something, like a hesitation, I got from Frost once it was known he took the job. I don't know, but I remember being so excited we had hired him, but seeing his post game on field interview after that final UCF game and you could sense how torn he was about leaving. Again, I want Frost to be at Nebraska for the next 30 years, be it 5-7 seasons or not, I just think eventually Frost can turn this thing around, his track record alone at other schools proves he can, but I just don't know how much fun he is having and that worries me.

23 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

All I know is this. No more Mother f#&%ing extensions until we get a 10 win season. After next season Frost will be back down to 5 years. If we win 4-5-6-7 games next year I do not want to see another 2 year extension. We need some proof of where this is headed before we lock it in any further- we NEED to have options the next few years. There is no reason to make 7 years the standard. 3-5 is good enough for most everyone. If he reels off 10 wins, 10 wins, 11 wins. Ok lock him down for 10 years. But until we get to that level he is not worth it. No one is coming to steal a sub 500 coach away from us.

We stole one away from Oregon State.

On 12/21/2020 at 3:32 PM, Undone said:

But I also think that being matched up against a decent team, putting together a good game plan, and winning would have done quite a bit for our offense's confidence heading into the break and then spring ball.

A compressed week after a compressed week. This wasn't going to be a typical bowl prep. 4 practices top. 

• Fire 1
On 12/21/2020 at 3:35 PM, Huskers93-97 said:

Completely agree with this post.  If the intention of extending was simply to add a layer of certainty for recruiting purposes and give this staff necessary runway, than that 1 time grant has been given.  Moreover, it seems to me that recruiting has cooled given the on-field performance the past 3 years so there will be no further lifelines from any further extensions.  Recruits do not want to be part of a sinking enterprise where perhaps a transfer becomes inevitable.