Bowl Game - Huskers Decline

SDHUSKER

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

If I am a senior.  I want a bowl.  I want to win a bowl.  If I am Frost, covid screwed year or not.  No minimum wins or not.  I'd want to go bowling.  If nothing more than to end the NU bowl draught and start a new streak. Another week of practice.  Another game for seniors to showcase talent.  A chance for a win.  Chance to develop younger guys etc....

And who’s to say no fans? I think every state is different, unless this is a Conference thing. Not sure how the B10 feels about bowls. It would be fun to play someone out of conference. 

I am sorry if some fans don’t like what I am about to say but it is what I truly believe.

We simply cannot afford to say no to a bowl game if we are offered one. If this team with so many young players don’t experience a bowl environment and the joy of winning a bowl game, how are they going to consistently drive towards better bowl games. And yes, I am assuming that we win if of course we play smart and don’t commit atrocious penalties and turnovers. If we do not start a culture of consistency and passion to compete for conference championships and superior bowl games, then what are we doing? 

The state of Nebraska deserves to see their team play in a bowl after a three year absence. This is a chance for this team to play one last smart game and give the fans hope about the future. The coaches need this bowl game more than the players. They have been outcoached in almost every game this year. 

• Fire 2
4 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And who’s to say no fans? I think every state is different, unless this is a Conference thing. Not sure how the B10 feels about bowls. It would be fun to play someone out of conference. 

Are you talking about the same fans whom 90% on this board want the program to shut down. Fire coaches, telling kids good riddance, b!^@hing even after wins, saying g this team is a disgrace. ??? Man, as a player or coach, sign me up....sounds great. I bet they feel that they "owe" us...lmao. Forget the $$ aspect,  it will take care of itself...university wont miss a few bucks from pissed off fans...

Not attacking you, but soooooo tired off all the negative BS from the once proud fanbase, yet cant wait to "watch" and  ridicule again. 

As a coach, I think they need to play fir the live reps for players and coaches.

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Are you talking about the same fans whom 90% on this board want the program to shut down. Fire coaches, telling kids good riddance, b!^@hing even after wins, saying g this team is a disgrace. ??? Man, as a player or coach, sign me up....sounds great. I bet they feel that they "owe" us...lmao. Forget the $$ aspect,  it will take care of itself...university wont miss a few bucks from pissed off fans...

Not attacking you, but soooooo tired off all the negative BS from the once proud fanbase, yet cant wait to "watch" and  ridicule again. 

As a coach, I think they need to play fir the live reps for players and coaches.

Did you mean to quote someone else? I’m not sure I follow why I would think you’re attacking me. 

by no fans, I mean no fans at the bowl game. I think we’re assuming that fans will not be allowed and I’m not sure that’s the case.  Some states allow 25% or even 50% stadium capacity. 

16 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I know the B1G had the "no fans" and Cali (Gov) does as well.  Depending on where we played, there could be fans.  I think the players would like that...

@krc1995  it attacking you. For some dang reason my phone will automatically use quote function even if I just want to reply.  I saw this was the case and tried to say in post I wasnt attacking you. Sorry for my inability to figure out technology.

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I know the B1G had the "no fans" and Cali (Gov) does as well.  Depending on where we played, there could be fans.  I think the players would like that...

And the B1G also has no playing outside the conference, which I’m sure will be amended for OSU 

1 minute ago, HANC said:

@krc1995  it attacking you. For some dang reason my phone will automatically use quote function even if I just want to reply.  I saw this was the case and tried to say in post I wasnt attacking you. Sorry for my inability to figure out technology.

It’s good. I have to use my phone as well. Which is the reason for the typos. Mostly. 

5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And the B1G also has no playing outside the conference, which I’m sure will be amended for OSU 

It’s good. I have to use my phone as well. Which is the reason for the typos. Mostly. 

Saw Warren today speaking at the B1G presenting the trophy.  Giving his speech without his mask on. Standing by players without masks on.  When he stepped away from the mic, he put mask back on......

Wonder if the OOC would include bowl games?

• Thanks 1

• Mavric changed the title to Bowl Game - Huskers Decline