Bowl Game - Huskers Decline

SDHUSKER

21 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Bowl game protocol would stink...locked up in a hotel in an exciting place like Idaho would totally suck

Hey now. First of all, I lived in Boise and loved it.  Second, if you're locked in a hotel, what does it matter what place it is besides the view? Idaho is more scenic than 90% of places back east including all of Nebraska.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Agreed. I think it would be nice to get guys like Corcoran, Piper, Benhart, Payne another start under their belts - but don't blame them for calling it a year. 

They’ve been practicing since July/August so it’s been a typical year in terms of practices, but with a lot of other challenges involved. Isolation from the rest of the students and families, no fans at the games, constant COVID testing and protocols, not knowing when games will be played. I can see why the team is worn out and ready to call it a season. I would probably have made the same decision. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, HuskerMan said:

I don’t get it.  You fight, claw, start lawsuits, etc so you can play this year but say no to the possibility of another game.

At Thanksgiving when you haven’t had a plate yet, you’re absolutely starving. You’ll kill for that plate. Anything to get that first bite of your meal.

Once you’ve had three days of leftovers, going into the fridge and pulling out more turkey and potatoes and cranberry sauce doesn’t sound like the most appealing thing in the world. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 4

I'd have loved to watch another game.  But I understand.  nothing wrong with giving the team a vote.  I'd rather them be honest than give some half hearted effort.  See the family.  Enjoy Christmas.  Let everyone one (team and staff) step back and decompress for a few.  The grind starts in a few weeks regardless.  And they ended on a good note.....

48 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

They’ve been practicing since July/August so it’s been a typical year in terms of practices, but with a lot of other challenges involved. Isolation from the rest of the students and families, no fans at the games, constant COVID testing and protocols, not knowing when games will be played. I can see why the team is worn out and ready to call it a season. I would probably have made the same decision. 

Yep...

This is like all you normies that take two weeks off during the holidays, you are over it.

It is like us teachers that show a video or give a study hall that last day before break.  

We are over it.  Most players don't want 15 more practices.

Not going to an optional bowl game is absurd.  The thought is not even in the mind of any AD or HC in FBS....except those teams with a break-out and Nebraska. 

We were kicking and screaming to have a season at the start of the year.  We even went as far as to threaten lawsuits against the B1G.  This resulted in our relationship with the conference being tossed into the gutter.  At which we saw an uptick from the usual in horrific calls that killed many drives this season and handed us a horrible schedule having to play the two divisional winners right out of the gate.  

I know they are tired.  I know this season has sucked.  But you are a PLAYer because you want to PLAY.  Refusing a 'bowl' game when we the fans have not seen one for 4 years is beyond unacceptable.  It is looking like the players voted no...political move by Scott.

Since Scott has yet to get to a bowl game after three years and I actually think no matter how much time you give him he would never get to a bowl game....the nickname of 'No-bowl Scott' is well deserved.  We had Bo Knows.  Then Smiley Riley.  Now it is No-bowl Scott.  Let this nickname be a stark reminder to the Frosty holdouts that we have not been to a bowl game with Scott and we never will.  A feat accomplished by every HC at Nebraska dating back to Bill Jennings who did not go to a bowl game 5 years in a row.  We are only two years away from that bar!  The last time we only won 3 games in a season was Bill Jennings last year as HC in 1961.  

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Not going to an optional bowl game is absurd.  The thought is not even in the mind of any AD or HC in FBS....except those teams with a break-out and Nebraska. 

We were kicking and screaming to have a season at the start of the year.  We even went as far as to threaten lawsuits against the B1G.  This resulted in our relationship with the conference being tossed into the gutter.  At which we saw an uptick from the usual in horrific calls that killed many drives this season and handed us a horrible schedule having to play the two divisional winners right out of the gate.  

I know they are tired.  I know this season has sucked.  I know Scott lost his father.  But you are a PLAYer because you want to PLAY.  Refusing a 'bowl' game when we the fans have not seen one for 4 years is beyond unacceptable.  It is looking like the players voted no...political move by Scott to put the fall-out of the decision on them, and just one more instance of him throwing the team under the bus.  For many fans this is one more nail in the Scott era coffin.  

Okay, Garrett Nelson. We get it. You wanted to play. :)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Bowl Game - Huskers Decline