B10 West Seniors: Impact On Who Comes Back For 2021 Season

BIG ERN

From an Athlon article from 2016

About Analysts

Their roles are a blend between graduate assistant and advance scout. Unlike a quality control position in the NFL or a graduate assistant in college, analysts are not among the group of coaches the NCAA allows to instruct players. Analysts and quality control coaches, like GAs, are not permitted to recruit. By NCAA rules, GAs also must be enrolled as graduate students, as the name suggests. Analysts do not need to be enrolled in classes.

• Plus1 1

On 12/24/2020 at 1:49 PM, Lightfighter214 said:

According to Alabama. Lot of gray area in the rule.

This isnt including the quality control position. 

They are helping in meetings and around the building

I don't know what you're talking about. Analysists are exactly what their title says, they're allowed to review film, and relay things that they see to the coaches, but are not allowed to coach players. Which I'm pretty sure is 9 assistants, and 4 graduate assistants. Also, on the flipside, the average NFL team has 22 coaches on a team. Maybe research before you argue a fact.

• Plus1 1
On 12/23/2020 at 7:09 PM, Lightfighter214 said:

Or you dont know what you are talking about. 

Schools like alabama have tons of support staff, analysts, and a lot of former coaches that work with the team, that are coaches, but not.

You are allowed 10 assistants only for some things like recruiting,  game day, etc.

Hell nebraskas special teams is coached by an analyst.

Some places like the pats are known for having small staffs, think they only have 15 coaches

Were trying to money ball ST? 

we should get a new geek. 

2 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Heres another article where the Missouri coaches say they do everything but directly instruct players on the practice field.  They coach in the film room, hallways, anywhere else.

Stick your head in the sand in get stuck on one technically by 'not instructing on the field'

A majority of what these guys do is coach.

Lastly,  if im wrong and need to take 'my l' tell me who coaches nebraska's special teams?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/whats-an-analyst-do-on-a-college-football-staff-mizzou-staffers-talk-shop/article_8641f742-c227-5c57-9d0e-22514a089ad3.amp.html

He can't make adjustments on gameday, that is a huge problem. We need a full time special teams coordinator, end of story.  No matter how you want to try and win this silly argument.

12 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

I fully agree we need a special teams coordinator. 

I also say that these analysts and quality control people, do indeed coach,  they just don't do it on the field.

Do you think the ST analyst knows about the kickoff/fair catch rule? 

and this dude has zero experience as a player. He was an equipment manager though. 

6 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And what exactly does an “analyst” do for ST? Does he dictate personnel? 

in my mind an analyst is support personnel for the coaching staff. And again, another “coach” without B1G experience or really any experience, except the Auburn stint. 

Whatever an analyst does, our kicker was first team all B1G