National Signing Day Press Conference

Mavric

18 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Anyone have a serious answer here............:facepalm:

Gonna be a lot better if they add a few more pieces. Culture & work ethic seem better. Seems like less celebrities and more football players. May not be currently a flashy group but I think they could do wonders in future leadership & be good players with a year or two in S&C. 

Positive: 

-Lengthy WR group 

-Lengthy OL/DL

-Versatile LB group could play ILB/OLB

-Lot of local guys/guys that don’t seem to be all about me type of guys (Delancey, Fleming, etc) 

-Spots left open for transfer portal

-13/19 are planning on being an early enrollee  

Negatives: 

-Lack of elite pass rusher (rip Payton)

-Developmental class IMO except maybe Fidone, Grimes, and a DB may rise up. (Savea, Dickerson, Ho’ohuli would help here) 

-Stud DL recruit (potentially coming in Savea) 

• Plus1 4
35 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Overall what's the feeling on this class from the recruiting gurus? I used to follow it really close, but eventually lost interest in it. 

Decked really nailed it but what I’d add:

I’ll get the glaring negative out of the way - we are currently 7th in the conference in composite ranking (with some potential to move up) after finishing solidly and clearly in 4th each of the previous years under Frost. Wisconsin is 3rd, Iowa is slightly above us (we will likely pass them but they have a better avg rating), and Minnesota is only slightly behind us (with a better avg rating as well). There’s still a chance for us to move up but it’s a bit concerning that these division teams are closing the gap on us when we’ve struggled beating them.

Otherwise, it looks like a real solid class and the staff made a point of attention to detail within our recruiting blueprint. Fidone makes the class special. We’ve taken some tweeners under Frost who seemingly struggle to find a true position and this year there’s a lot of length and clear positional value everywhere. Our lowest rated recruit has a very good offer list. I’m excited about the potential.

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

A lot more "local" kids and Mid-Western guys.....Per Frost

Said the talent with this class will help "get us over the top"

I look at his classes, depsite the record and realize he and his staff must sell one hell of a vision.....

I still want to go bowling.

They've had bad luck with FLA.  Was hoping Fisher could help there continually.  Losing certainly helps nothing. 

And I do hope the rumors of Scott's ego impacting the players is only a rumor.