Way too early 2021

HANC

8 hours ago, HANC said:

I disagree on Buffalo.  This year they would beat us, but not next. They are building a program, but not yet to the point where they can just "reload ". Losing 9-10 offensive starters including nations leading rusher.

Illinois losses a ton.....Buffalo,  purdue, Northwestern losses linebackers at home, southwest Louisiana, and one toss up with MSU, Minn, Wiscy,Iowa

That is 5 and only picking 1 toss up.

That's fine if you disagree on Buffalo.  But I seen how they won 13 out of 15, how their coach preaches a winning culture and their players prove it on the field. 

The difference between us (remove the Husker Championship history) is that we play on Saturdays, and they win on Saturdays.  We need to be more like them... by stringing wins together, no matter who we play.  Buffalo isn't just building a winning culture, they have already built it.  This is going to be a disappointing game for GBR.  

As for Illinois, Purdue, NW, Michigan State, SW La... Those will be our best bet to win, but not guaranteed by any means.  That's how it is, and it's sad.  Oklahoma, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa will all beat us because they usually do.  Minnesota is a toss up.  But that will be after Thanksgiving in cold Minneapolis.  I just don't see us turning a corner this following year, unless we score more and lose big games closely.    

23 minutes ago, admo said:

That's fine if you disagree on Buffalo.  But I seen how they won 13 out of 15, how their coach preaches a winning culture and their players prove it on the field. 

The difference between us (remove the Husker Championship history) is that we play on Saturdays, and they win on Saturdays.  We need to be more like them... by stringing wins together, no matter who we play.  Buffalo isn't just building a winning culture, they have already built it.  This is going to be a disappointing game for GBR.  

As for Illinois, Purdue, NW, Michigan State, SW La... Those will be our best bet to win, but not guaranteed by any means.  That's how it is, and it's sad.  Oklahoma, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa will all beat us because they usually do.  Minnesota is a toss up.  But that will be after Thanksgiving in cold Minneapolis.  I just don't see us turning a corner this following year, unless we score more and lose big games closely.    

I cant argue your rationale.  You may absolutely be spot on. I just think that replacing 8 guys is tough (if they all leave) . I am a big Leipold fan. Not convinced he doesn't get an opportunity to move up.

• Thanks 1

Those calling the big ten teams mediocre are hopefully watching the bowl games.  Pretty dominant so far.  Nebraska hasn't looked good but their competition was better than many thought.  Our offensive production against northwestern for instance looks a lot better right now.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Those calling the big ten teams mediocre are hopefully watching the bowl games.  Pretty dominant so far.  Nebraska hasn't looked good but their competition was better than many thought.  Our offensive production against northwestern for instance looks a lot better right now.  

I was just thinking the same thing today. The Big 10 was better than we thought.

13 hours ago, Hilltop said:

The announcers who are commentating the same games lovveeee talking about how the B1G had a really down year. 

While we s#!t kick everyone they put on the field with us lol. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Instead of starting another thread, putting this here: 

Is next year's schedule going on as is? It's hard to imagine a smooth start with schools closed again in the spring, vaccines slower than anticipated, etc. 

I think we can probably safely conclude the team will not travel to Ireland but the rest will be up in the air until the summer I suspect.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think we can probably safely conclude the team will not travel to Ireland but the rest will be up in the air until the summer I suspect.

Play in Arrowhead instead.  Would be a great place for both teams

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Play in Arrowhead instead.  Would be a great place for both teams

Pretty sure Illinois would say hell no to that.  Give up a home game by moving it closer to Lincoln???  If anything it will be in Champaign.  But there are some that are trying pretty hard to have the Ireland game stay as is

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

Pretty sure Illinois would say hell no to that.  Give up a home game by moving it closer to Lincoln???  If anything it will be in Champaign.  But there are some that are trying pretty hard to have the Ireland game stay as is

I agree that they will push to have the game in Ireland, but if they aren’t able to make it work this year, a game in Chicago at Soldier Field may be a good alternative. NU fans will travel to Chicago, especially since they missed the bi-annual trip for Northwestern in 2020.  Illinois doesn’t get many fans for their games in Champaign, maybe Beliema will want to drum up interest in Chicago.