*** Official Rutgers Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, lo country said:

We are horrible.  Watching us lose to the ineptness displayed by Rutgers has me finally realizing, no amount pf time will enable this staff to succeed.  Over their collective heads.

I know Frosty doesnt want to do it, but he needs to realize to be a successfull coach you need to be the CEO of the program

The one thing he shoudl be given credit for is his staff can bring in solid talent despite being an utter train wreck on the field.

He needs to realize that he should not be the smartest in the room.  He has the money available and i wouldnt be shocked at all if Moos has already told him the money needs to be put towards proven staff members.  There are way too many coaches on this staff who earned the job of their lifetime for this position and the fact of the matter is this is not a school and progrum where that should be the case.

Are we ohio sate? No, and most likely we never will be.

But we sure as hell arent rutgers, purdue, northwestern, illinois, etc.   

While this might be a super optimistic take- a simple change at QB coach and defsnive philisophy changes this craptastic 3-9/4-8 team into a 7-5/8-4 team... from there, thats where minor changes then gets you into the 9-3/10-2 arena and if the starts align puts you in a position some years to be undefeated into november or 1 losss and into the Big10 title game.

Heck of a first half.

3 TOs

7 penalties

3 sacks 

Rutgers successful fake pun

4th and 1 to the house second week in a row. 

ALL in 30 minutes. Makes me want to quote gladiator: “are you not entertained?!”

Entire season wrapped into 30 minutes. We did hit a 40 yard pass for the first time in what feels like 3 years (actual pass that went 40 yards not catch and run). 

Also getting out coached pretty well again. 

Perfect way to end 2020 and Nebraska’s season.