*** Official Rutgers Game Thread ***

Mavric

The physical downhill running game we saw in this game HAS TO BE what the offense is built around going forward.

Get great at those downhill run schemes, add in some counters along with various read-option elements & speed option with play-action passing

...there's your 2021 Nebraska offense.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

The physical downhill running game we saw in this game HAS TO BE what the offense is built around going forward.

Get great at those downhill run schemes, add in some counters along with various read-option elements & speed option with play-action passing

...there's your 2021 Nebraska offense.

I'm buying what you are selling.  I agree 100%.  600+ yards of offense.  Granted against Rutgers, but that was alos with 4 TO's, penalties and TFL.....It could be potent.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I'm buying what you are selling.  I agree 100%.  600+ yards of offense.  Granted against Rutgers, but that was alos with 4 TO's, penalties and TFL.....It could be potent.

Stats don't lie. 345 yards rushing (no matter who your opponent is) is a great night on the ground.

This was Nebraska football tonight. Ground & pound.

And when you over commit to the running back we're going to option right off you.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Wont ever happen with this offense, lose to many running plays being strictly shotgun 

Then the offense needs to be tweaked in the offseason to where the shotgun is not our exclusive backfield setup, especially when we're near the goal line.

I actually hope the 2021 offense incorporates everything from:

• Shotgun or Pistol 3x1
  • Shotgun or Pistol 2 tight end sets
  • Under center singleback sets
  • And yes...some I-formation
  • Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Stats don't lie. 345 yards rushing (no matter who your opponent is) is a great night on the ground.

This was Nebraska football tonight. Ground & pound.

And when you over commit to the running back we're going to option right off you.

I am hoping that Frost realizes this "was his offense" so he can scrap the cute stuff and build off of this as his base O.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1