Covid-19 Vaccinations.

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Speaking as a teacher, as of right now we are not being told we have to get it but it seems like there is a pretty big push, it is hard to explain.  It feels passive aggressive, (like most of my posts)

What timeline is your district giving you? I've been told February-March ish. 

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think everyone just kinda expects non-crackpots to get the vaccine, right? There are going to be those wacky anti-vaxxers, sure, but isn't most everyone else getting it?

If not, why?

I hear lots of comments regarding possible side effects, not knowing how long the vaccine is effective, long term issues, and why the need for a shot if already had the virus.

16 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

What timeline is your district giving you? I've been told February-March ish. 

Good question, I can't remember for sure but that sounds about right.  I am sure it is in one of the 898 emails/google forms and surveys that I have got about the shot.

One of my friends has to explain why they would not get the shot, if they choose to not get it.  Like, that is on their form.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I think everyone just kinda expects non-crackpots to get the vaccine, right? There are going to be those wacky anti-vaxxers, sure, but isn't most everyone else getting it?

If not, why?

People I have heard talk about not getting it mention:

1) I’ve already had it, why do I need to get it?

2)  Hasn’t been tested enough. I’m going to wait to see if others have problems. 

3)  planning on trying to get pregnant and don’t know how it would affect the fetus. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t plan on mandating it.  

But, if someone has access to the vaccine, decides to not get it....then gets sick and has to miss a lot of work, I’m not going to be too sympathetic. 

I think that is a common sense outlook and approach.

On a different note, my wife received her first (moderna) shot yesterday. Her entire Clinic was vaccinated. 

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

People I have heard talk about not getting it mention:

1) I’ve already had it, why do I need to get it?

2)  Hasn’t been tested enough. I’m going to wait to see if others have problems. 

3)  planning on trying to get pregnant and don’t know how it would affect the fetus. 

I’ve seen people post they are scared about it affecting their DNA.

I will not be surprised at all when in 2021 states are sitting on surpluses of the vaccine despite low inoculation rates. I envision a combination of this country being unable to coordinate such a grand effort and the masses of people who don't think it's important to get the vaccine. This s#!t show is so far from over.

• Plus1 2

47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am starting to think it isn't the mask but the distancing.  People suck at that part.

Really?  I'm thinking it's the masks.  People suck at that part.  Neck gaiters don't work.  Wearing a surgical mask without the wire formed around your nose doesn't work.  Wearing a chin diaper doesn't work. 

I'd say only at 30% of the people I see are even trying to wear the mask right.  Otherwise it seems like they're wearing one just for show.  Throw in the difficulty understanding that six feet outside is ok but inside, really?  

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Really?  I'm thinking it's the masks.  People suck at that part.  Neck gaiters don't work.  Wearing a surgical mask without the wire formed around your nose doesn't work.  Wearing a chin diaper doesn't work. 

I'd say only at 30% of the people I see are even trying to wear the mask right.  Otherwise it seems like they're wearing one just for show.  Throw in the difficulty understanding that six feet outside is ok but inside, really?  

I don't see a ton of the gaiters.  

I do see bad mask wearing, like under the nose and stuff.