Covid-19 Vaccinations.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

(Takes note that I can start selling the vaccine on the black market using the dark web)

And...now my computer is loaded with tons of viruses from the dark web.

suurrreee.   like that's the first time you've been to the dark web

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

My parents are their upper 80s and 90s living in central Nebraska.  I have yet to figure out how they are supposed to sign up to get vaccinated.

Have them, or you call, their PCP and ask about vaccine protocols based on their individual health circumstances and when they can get vaccinated if eligible based on their health history.  
Another way to go is to call the local pharmacies where they live and see if those pharmacies are doing vaccinations.  If so, ask them about getting on the vaccination list or cancel list as long as your parents PCP says the vaccination is right for them. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

A friend of mine's grandparents (in their 90's, live in western Nebraska) apparently got their vaccines through some sort of backhanded arrangement because they couldn't get it otherwise? Something about a family member working for the local school system and was able to get them vaccines through the school system's supply.

Unsure of the story's veracity but I've known this person for years and they don't have a reason to lie. I don't know if this was part of the mitigation plan or if this family member just used their connections to make it happen. If it's the latter, I'd obviously prefer somebody get a vaccine than nobody, but I'm sure there might be other situations like this happening out there.

Our local Healthy Department put out requests to those who do not initially qualify;  front line health care, 1st Responder, front line elderly care etc; and who could respond at any time within 10 minutes to take a "no show" dose. I signed up quickly, lol.  Perhaps something like this?

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 1/26/2021 at 1:54 PM, DevoHusker said:

That's one question that, for reasons (might be my own ignorance) that I have: how long is this vaccine going to last? Are we going to need to get yearly shots similar to the flu? Is this a longer lasting deal?