Covid-19 Vaccinations.

20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A health check in database run by CDC and FDA asking about your symptoms on a daily and then weekly basis through text messages and web surveys.  Helps them gather side effects information. 

Nope- we weren't made aware of it.    We were fortunate in that our son and his wife work for a local hospital, (he works wt Covid patients as a physical therapist and she is a nurse in another area of the hospital) as such they allowed a family member each to get the shot.  So we didn't have to deal with the portal which by all accounts has been a big hassle in setting up appointments.   We feel very fortunate and blessed to not having to deal with that and getting both shots done quickly.

I'll ck the CDC and see if I can contribute to the survey. Thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What?!?

When I was in the Navy in the late nineties, I was forced to get the anthrax vaccine even though I didn't want it. (The anthrax vaccine at the time was not FDA approved and had questionable quality controls on production and storage.)

I thought the same thing. It seems odd they were given a choice at this point in the pandemic.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What?!?

When I was in the Navy in the late nineties, I was forced to get the anthrax vaccine even though I didn't want it. (The anthrax vaccine at the time was not FDA approved and had questionable quality controls on production and storage.)

Probably just your Navy buddies pranking you!  Ha

Is it true that Navy fighter pilots are super D-bags or did you not really ever run into any of them?

Another question, my buddy was in the Navy (submarine) and he said that one time they had to give a lift to a Navy SEAL, he said the guy was pretty quiet for the most part and sort of kept to himself.  One day they had been docked or whatever for a bit and they were doing some running, like a mile or something...the SEAL dude basically sprinted (or ran as fast as he could) and finished first.  One of my buddies friend said "You must love running, huh?" and the SEAL goes "No, I f#&%ing hate it, that is why I try to get done so fast". haha

Did you ever run into SEALS?

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Probably just your Navy buddies pranking you!  Ha

Is it true that Navy fighter pilots are super D-bags or did you not really ever run into any of them?

Another question, my buddy was in the Navy (submarine) and he said that one time they had to give a lift to a Navy SEAL, he said the guy was pretty quiet for the most part and sort of kept to himself.  One day they had been docked or whatever for a bit and they were doing some running, like a mile or something...the SEAL dude basically sprinted (or ran as fast as he could) and finished first.  One of my buddies friend said "You must love running, huh?" and the SEAL goes "No, I f#&%ing hate it, that is why I try to get done so fast". haha

Did you ever run into SEALS?

Aviators I've met are kind of cocky but generally smart and friendly.

I was also in submarines and met some SEAL's. One of them was a really good guy but the rest were giant douches.