Covid-19 Vaccinations.

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Seems overly cautious decision by the FDA.  1 in just over 1 million cases.   Decision may be because there are so many MRNA vaccines available that the US can afford to be that cautious. 

We may have enough mrna vaccines but it is about the messaging. People will equate this with other vaccines, I have already seen this on social media, and it will cause more vaccine hesitation. Also, I can't wait until we try to send the J&J or AZ vaccine overseas and get beat up about sending an "unsafe" vaccine. We can't just send out the current mrna vaccines most places overseas because of the storage requirements.

I'm not even sure pausing is worth it. The goal can't be perfection - no drug works perfectly. 

Birth control results in blood clots in .3% of cases, and they're not pausing use of those drugs. 

This sends the exact opposite message they need to be sending. 

13 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I got the J&J shot a month ago. I'm not terribly concerned, but did shoot my doctor an email this morning to get his thoughts on the matter. 

Is your tracker giving you any issues? 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'm not even sure pausing is worth it. The goal can't be perfection - no drug works perfectly. 

Birth control results in blood clots in .3% of cases, and they're not pausing use of those drugs. 

This sends the exact opposite message they need to be sending. 

It’s typical of the FDA many times unfortunately. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Weird.

Weird how going by age (which is the single biggest risk factor) would somehow be racist?   Hint....it’s not.  

check out the daily Covid-19 related deaths in FL.  Lowest since July I believe.  Even after the spring break media created apocalypse.  

You can tell a potential 2024 run by DeSantis scares the media and Democrats by all the attempts to discredit him and coincidently they all fall flat from lack of truth, eveidence, and bad narration.  No lack of effort though by media.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

COVID-19 has been more deadly in Florida than reported, especially in rural counties, study shows

Florida is undercounting COVID-19 deaths, per new report

It probably won't surprise anyone who has had to live through the state's lackadaisical response to the ongoing global pandemic, but it bears stating plainly: Florida is undercounting COVID-19 deaths.

That's the conclusion reached by a new report published in the American Journal of Public Health. The paper projected average deaths over six months in 2020 using historical data. It then compared that number to the actual deaths in the same time period. The results were staggering, even in a state with over 33,000 reported deaths.

After accounting for the pandemic, researchers found a 15.5% increase in excess deaths, which works out to over 19,000 additional deaths. Over 14,000 of those additional deaths are reported as directly from COVID-19. The researchers found an aberration in all-cause deaths that weren't reported as related to COVID-19. These nearly 5,000 deaths make up the rest of the 19,000 deaths and it's these that researchers believe are underreported.

Analysis of Excess Deaths During the COVID-19 Pandemic in the State of Florida

Objectives. To determine the number of excess deaths (i.e., those exceeding historical trends after accounting for COVID-19 deaths) occurring in Florida during the COVID-19 pandemic.Methods. Using seasonal autoregressive integrated moving average time-series modeling and historical mortality trends in Florida, we forecasted monthly deaths from January to September of 2020 in the absence of the pandemic. We compared estimated deaths with monthly recorded total deaths (i.e., all deaths regardless of cause) during the COVID-19 pandemic and deaths only from COVID-19 to measure excess deaths in Florida.Results. Our results suggest that Florida experienced 19 241 (15.5%) excess deaths above historical trends from March to September 2020, including 14 317 COVID-19 deaths and an additional 4924 all-cause, excluding COVID-19, deaths in that period.Conclusions. Total deaths are significantly higher than historical trends in Florida even when accounting for COVID-19-related deaths. The impact of COVID-19 on mortality is significantly greater than the official COVID-19 data suggest.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I got the J&J shot a month ago. I'm not terribly concerned, but did shoot my doctor an email this morning to get his thoughts on the matter. 

Was scheduled to get mine today at 10am. Guess who just called to cancel ?

That now makes 2 swings and misses after finding an appointment.