Covid-19 Vaccinations.

12 hours ago, commando said:

because mask mandates are what we have to do if 40% of americans won't take the vaccine?

No it’s not.   If you are vaccinated, the data so far says you are protected.  It’s up to the unvaccinated to figure themselves out.  

If you can’t live a normal life after vaccination, there isn’t much point in getting vaccinated unless you are in a high risk category. 

• Plus1 5

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No it’s not.   If you are vaccinated, the data so far says you are protected.  It’s up to the unvaccinated to figure themselves out.  

If you can’t live a normal life after vaccination, there isn’t much point in getting vaccinated unless you are in a high risk category. 

it is getting easier to say "f#&% those people".    but my christian upbringing commands that i still care about those people.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, commando said:

it is getting easier to say "f#&% those people".    but my christian upbringing commands that i still care about those people.  

I can't say "f#&% those people" until November.  As soon as my kids are able to get the vaccine, then yes, "f#&% those people!"

On 7/28/2021 at 7:36 AM, Archy1221 said:

This is where empathy kicks in. Because of my daughter's disease, I know a lot of people in the pediatric organ transplanted community. These kids can't get the vaccine 1) because it's not approved for that age group yet, 2) they typically can't get vaccinated if they are still on anti-rejection medication. Sometimes that medication is for life. They rely on herd immunity. They rely on the rest of us who are eligible to get vaccinated. There really isn't anything for them to figure out. They need our help. 

And I was always under the impression that the masks were to prevent a carrier from spreading. Like how surgeons use masks while operating. To not breath directly onto an open wound. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

And I was always under the impression that the masks were to prevent a carrier from spreading.

The viral load of a vaccinated person is what will determine if they can spread it or not.  

there seems to be mixed data and messaging on this.  One selling point from Fauci and others to get the vaccine was being able to get the masks off.  Now we’re told vaccines aren’t helping prevent spread so mash up, but we are not shown much data yet to prove this.  

And what do we make of countries like India with  small vaccination rates who are almost back down to their pre-spike spring baseline even with Delta?  Did they all mask up all of a sudden or does Covid just seem to hit in waves for reason we don’t know about yet?  Maybe people just self mitigate better when cases rise. 

I feel for you and your child.  Wish there was a better solution for those kids.   I have one where vaccines exacerbate his epilepsy and won’t be getting the Covid shot.  Not a serious as what your going through, but not ideal either.  

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Golf superstar reflects on vaccines after Covid knocked him out of the Olympics 

lol..   there is plenty of vaccine out there.   we have reports of it going to waste because no one uses it.    don't sell us that bravado about doing it for others and admit you are afraid of the shot Bryson.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, commando said:

lol..   there is plenty of vaccine out there.   we have reports of it going to waste because no one uses it.    don't sell us that bravado about doing it for others and admit you are afraid of the shot Bryson.

Bryson's an a$$, who projects himself as the boy-genius on the PGA Tour.  You put it well, he didn't get the vaccine because he thought he was invincible and he's also ultra-conservative (he counts the Trump kids as personal friends).  The whole "saving the vaccine for those who need it" is complete BS.  There are plenty of vaccines going around.

• Plus1 2