Covid-19 Vaccinations.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, I'm one of the cool kids now.

The local hospital called and said they will vaccinate our employees.  So, out of about 110 people, 15 signed up.  :facepalm:

Admittedly, a few already had it.  But.....I'm disappointed.

Even if 40 of them had it, that means only 50% of the employees wanted to get the vaccine? What is wrong with people?

24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Wimp!  Ha

I kid...I had a really quick chill about 30 hours later, it lasted for like 15-30 minutes and I all of a sudden got really really tired (But, my gf was telling me about her day, so, who knows) and then I was fine.

But dood, my shoulder still feels bruised and it has been almost a week.

About the shot- WTF! Did you get yours at a cattle call too? Was it a spring loaded syringe?  She didn’t even make a polite conversation, she just stabbed me. In my car while it was in drive. Her face will haunt me. I’m pretty sure she’s a school librarian in her real job. Probably just stabbing people for fun. 

I’ve been the recipient of several medical biopsies over the past few months, each more invasive and weird than the last, and I swear I’d take any of them over getting that mother again. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

About the shot- WTF! Did you get yours at a cattle call too? Was it a spring loaded syringe?  She didn’t even make a polite conversation, she just stabbed me. In my car while it was in drive. Her face will haunt me. I’m pretty sure she’s a school librarian in her real job. Probably just stabbing people for fun. 

I’ve been the recipient of several medical biopsies over the past few months, each more invasive and weird than the last, and I swear I’d take any of them over getting that mother again. 

I think you were at a fast food restaurant.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Hahahaha!

Okay, it is funny you say that because they all seemed like lunch ladies!  

She (sort of hot) asked me to "sit down because you are so tall" and then her friend came over and said "I have not had many sit down today, but you are tall" she gave me the shot and goes "you don't need a bandaid, your arm is fine"

It was, totally unprofessional and borderline sexual harassment...but I let with her digits so it is all good.

And the need was like...the longest thickest thing I have seen.  Can't they just thin it out with some water?!?!

17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Hahahaha!

She (sort of hot) asked me to "sit down because you are so tall" and then her friend came over and said "I have not had many sit down today, but you are tall" she gave me the shot and goes "you don't need a bandaid, your arm is fine"

It was, totally unprofessional and borderline sexual harassment...but I let with her digits so it is all good.

And the need was like...the longest thickest thing I have seen.  Can't they just thin it out with some water?!?!

I feel like I just walked into your fantasyland! 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

Hahahaha!

tumblr_o3eo2l18gE1rfrt9po1_500.jpg

• Haha 3

But I thought the development of the vaccine was all due to Trump.  I wonder why, since he got the vaccine in secret, he hasn't joined in with the other living past presidents and encouraged his supporters to help humanity and get jabbed.  It couldn't be a narcissistic effort to sabotage the current administration in order to improve his re-election odds, could it? 

• Plus1 2

I got into semi-argument with my wife last night, after I made the comment of "people are stupid for not getting the vaccine".  I don't know if that's her way of telling me that she doesn't want the vaccine, but she said that people aren't stupid for having their own thoughts or concerns of the vaccine.  I agree that someone having concerns of the long-term implications or other health impacts are valid concerns, unfortunately many people are just going with the political view of the vaccine and somehow getting the vaccine is an attack on "their freedom".

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I got into semi-argument with my wife last night, after I made the comment of "people are stupid for not getting the vaccine".  I don't know if that's her way of telling me that she doesn't want the vaccine, but she said that people aren't stupid for having their own thoughts or concerns of the vaccine.  I agree that someone having concerns of the long-term implications or other health impacts are valid concerns, unfortunately many people are just going with the political view of the vaccine and somehow getting the vaccine is an attack on "their freedom".

What is her concern? 

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What is her concern? 

She didn't come out and say they are "her concerns", but I think she has concerns about the long-term impacts, because the vaccine has only been out a few months and it's a "new vaccine".  I have told her that this vaccine works similar to the flu vaccine, but she doesn't get that vaccine each year either.  She's not an "anti-vaxxer", and I think she will end up getting the vaccine, but she just has some general long-term concerns.  It was one of those things that it wasn't worth getting into an argument last night, but it will turn into a more substantial argument if she resists getting the vaccine.  I think she just has some general fatigue about the pandemic and all of the strong opinions on both sides.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

She didn't come out and say they are "her concerns", but I think she has concerns about the long-term impacts, because the vaccine has only been out a few months and it's a "new vaccine".  I have told her that this vaccine works similar to the flu vaccine, but she doesn't get that vaccine each year either.  She's not an "anti-vaxxer", and I think she will end up getting the vaccine, but she just has some general long-term concerns.  It was one of those things that it wasn't worth getting into an argument last night, but it will turn into a more substantial argument if she resists getting the vaccine.  I think she just has some general fatigue about the pandemic and all of the strong opinions on both sides.

I get that, especially the last line. Nobody asked for this but we all have to deal with it. People are beyond ready for it to be done. 

• Plus1 1