Covid-19 Vaccinations.

Maybe companies will start instituting mandatory testing every couple days unless you get vaccinated. Ohio did this with long term care facilities. For a while now, if you worked at one of them, you were tested a few times a week. Ohio revised the rules to say only unvaccinated employees had to test that often. I am sure some employees changed their mind after those rules came out. 

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, jaws said:

Maybe companies will start instituting mandatory testing every couple days unless you get vaccinated. Ohio did this with long term care facilities. For a while now, if you worked at one of them, you were tested a few times a week. Ohio revised the rules to say only unvaccinated employees had to test that often. I am sure some employees changed their mind after those rules came out. 

This is one of those things that I don't like, a company telling you what you can/can't do, but at the same time we all do it so it is like, whatever.  

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is one of those things that I don't like, a company telling you what you can/can't do, but at the same time we all do it so it is like, whatever.  

It gets dicey when you're talking about someone's healthcare. They can mandate things like dress codes and most people won't balk, but mandating a vaccination is another story. 

That's an argument I can easily see both sides of. Which is the greater good?

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It gets dicey when you're talking about someone's healthcare. They can mandate things like dress codes and most people won't balk, but mandating a vaccination is another story. 

Yeah, totally agree.

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Will they though?  So few end up in the ICU.  If people have not been convinced by now, they won't be convinced.  

I think the people who aren't willing to get the vaccine are going to be stubborn about it, and not get it no matter what happens around them.  They will either think "ehh, I haven't gotten it yet, I don't need to worry about it" or "ehh, even if I do get it, I don't think it will be all that bad".  I think people are either all-in on getting vaxxed or all-out.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

But are they mandating the vaccine if they allow the non-vaccinated to continue working as long as they are tested?

To me this is completely okay and a sound business decision.  Businesses' number one resource is people.  If an outbreak would shut them down and/or be a huge expense, I would expect them to push the vaccines and be very cautious with those who refuse for whatever reason.

It's also kind of laughable to say that employers shouldn't have a hand in their employees' healthcare.  I mean they probably shouldn't have a say in it, but that's not how our system works.  Hell, the Supreme Court ruled that Hobby Lobby can decide if their employee's can receive birth control pills or not...

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

If you're talking about a dress code that prohibits men wearing leggings, that's a tough call. 

• Haha 1

I am more in favor of forced vaccination than I am dress codes.  For the life of my I can't understand this fascination with telling adults how to dress.

On Friday, the people that work at my bank can wear jeans.  When I see that I still feel safe about putting my money in there.  Now, do I like it when I see them pointing and laughing at my balance?  No...I don't.  But wearing jeans or khakis doesn't change how I feel about my bank. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am more in favor of forced vaccination than I am dress codes.  For the life of my I can't understand this fascination with telling adults how to dress.

On Friday, the people that work at my bank can wear jeans.  When I see that I still feel safe about putting my money in there.  Now, do I like it when I see them pointing and laughing at my balance?  No...I don't.  But wearing jeans or khakis doesn't change how I feel about my bank. 

I've never understood "Jeans Days".  At our building, we can wear "nice" jeans (which just means that super stiff uncomfortable pair that you never get to break in) on Fridays if we put money into our "hospitality fund" for teacher birthdays and stuff.

But I'd rather wear my crappy 5-year old khakis that are so broken in that if feels like I'm wearing pajama bottoms.  

And I feel bad for people that only have wearing a different kind of pants to work for a day as something to look forward to...

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

What exactly is the purpose of this?  Fining people for carrying around their vaccine card?  Why are so many people pushing for people to NOT get the vaccine?

They should just make people that have not got the shot drink some water from Flint. 

If that doesn't kill you, neither will Covid.

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I've never understood "Jeans Days".  At our building, we can wear "nice" jeans (which just means that super stiff uncomfortable pair that you never get to break in) on Fridays if we put money into our "hospitality fund" for teacher birthdays and stuff.

But I'd rather wear my crappy 5-year old khakis that are so broken in that if feels like I'm wearing pajama bottoms.  

And I feel bad for people that only have wearing a different kind of pants to work for a day as something to look forward to...

f#&% YOU!!!! I need my jeans day!  Haha

I feel cooler in my jeans, like Fonzie...

I can't wait for tomorrow, can't wait to toss on my jeans and white T-shirt, with a pack of Luck Strikes rolled up in the sleeve.  I can tell you are a Soc, trying to take away what makes a Greaser a Greaser.  

Also, we don't have to pay to wear jeans.  I would not do that.  

Are your jeans actually policed?  I was at one school and the crazy boss would literally discuss dress code issues with teachers.  She was the worst.