Jump to content

Covid-19 Vaccinations.


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got the J&J today, glad they brought it back one shot is nice and convenient. Where I went you even stayed in your car. Couldn't have been easier.   Kinda made the laugh how the nur

COVID-19 has been more deadly in Florida than reported, especially in rural counties, study shows   Florida is undercounting COVID-19 deaths, per new report It probably won't surp

Sheds a tear. This is the America I know and Love. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I never said anything about the effectiveness/safeness of the COVID vaccines. Over Christmas, I was telling my in-laws that I have never been more confident in a vaccine than the COVID vaccines. I was going to get it as soon as I could, and I did. 

I was responding to the general conversation which started by discussing why people don’t feel safe getting the vaccine. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was responding to the general conversation which started by discussing why people don’t feel safe getting the vaccine. 

No problem. I overreacted. I agree with you. I don’t get the uneasiness in the vaccines. I wish people would really research how the vaccines were developed and what effectiveness actually means, but that would require people to use their brains. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
12 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The unlimited funding of the government was the biggest reason the vaccines made it through development so quickly. Usually, when drug companies are using their own capital, they have to take their time through the various stages of approval because they are trying to fund multiple drugs and their capital is limited. 

It was actually the opposite in one case.  The best Covid-19 vaccine on the market didn’t get government development funding for the companies that developed it (Biontech/Pfizer).

 

Pfizer’s CEO says not taking that money made them more nimble and faster in development which turned out to be true.

 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post

8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Two good questions he should answer.  Tater finally had a good segment!  

He won't. The mouthpiece of the Party will continue to allow him to gaslight, the gullible will lap up his disinformation, not get vaccinated and then complain when the vaccination effort isn't as effective as it could have been.   

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

He won't. The mouthpiece of the Party will continue to allow him to gaslight, the gullible will lap up his disinformation, not get vaccinated and then complain when the vaccination effort isn't as effective as it could have been.   

Yep, these hosts (no matter what station they are on) are actors.  They are in it for the cash.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
On 5/8/2021 at 9:19 PM, Moiraine said:

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot this week. Just had the arm ache again.

Got my second shot on Friday. Arm ache again but didn't last as long, but I had extreme fatigue that first evening (couldn't keep my eyes open and slept for about 16 hours). Then a bad headache with more mild fatigue for another 24 hours. Woke up on Sunday with still with headache and some nausea, then around noon all my symptoms suddenly went away over about half an hour - weird how fast I went from feeling under the weather to feeling completely fine. All-in-all about 36 hours of fairly mild cold-like symptoms, so not that bad.

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post

These are the kind of results you get when you use a s#!tty vaccine developed without our rigorous standards.  It’s also why all these countries are now contracting or partnering with Biontech/Pfizer for their vaccine. 

 

Bloomberg wire:

 

Most Vaccinated Nation Sees Case Surge (10:45 a.m. NY)

Seychelles, which has vaccinated the largest proportion of its population of any country against Covid-19, said active cases of the disease more than doubled in the week to May 7. The health ministry of the archipelago off Africa’s east coast said in a statement on Monday that 2,486 people currently have Covid-19 and of those, 37% have received two doses of vaccine. The number of active cases rose from 1,068 a week earlier. Of those in the country who have taken two doses, 57% were inoculated with Sinopharm shots and the rest with Covishield, a vaccine made in India under license from AstraZeneca Plc.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post

29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

These are the kind of results you get when you use a s#!tty vaccine developed without our rigorous standards.  It’s also why all these countries are now contracting or partnering with Biontech/Pfizer for their vaccine. 

 

Bloomberg wire:

 

Most Vaccinated Nation Sees Case Surge (10:45 a.m. NY)

Seychelles, which has vaccinated the largest proportion of its population of any country against Covid-19, said active cases of the disease more than doubled in the week to May 7. The health ministry of the archipelago off Africa’s east coast said in a statement on Monday that 2,486 people currently have Covid-19 and of those, 37% have received two doses of vaccine. The number of active cases rose from 1,068 a week earlier. Of those in the country who have taken two doses, 57% were inoculated with Sinopharm shots and the rest with Covishield, a vaccine made in India under license from AstraZeneca Plc.

 

Did you buy stock in Pfizer?

Link to post
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Got my second shot on Friday. Arm ache again but didn't last as long, but I had extreme fatigue that first evening (couldn't keep my eyes open and slept for about 16 hours). Then a bad headache with more mild fatigue for another 24 hours. Woke up on Sunday with still with headache and some nausea, then around noon all my symptoms suddenly went away over about half an hour - weird how fast I went from feeling under the weather to feeling completely fine. All-in-all about 36 hours of fairly mild cold-like symptoms, so not that bad.

16 hours?  Dang, you were out.  

Link to post
2 minutes ago, jaws said:

 

Did you buy stock in Pfizer?

 

The arrival of Covid-19 vaccines promises a return to more normal life – and has created a global market worth tens of billions of dollars in annual sales for some pharmaceutical companies.

Among the biggest winners will be Moderna and Pfizer – two very different US pharma firms which are both charging more than $30 per person for the protection of their two-dose vaccines. While Moderna was founded just 11 years ago, has never made a profit and employed just 830 staff pre-pandemic, Pfizer traces its roots back to 1849, made a net profit of $9.6bn last year and employs nearly 80,000 staff.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/06/from-pfizer-to-moderna-whos-making-billions-from-covid-vaccines

 

Link to post
6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

 

The arrival of Covid-19 vaccines promises a return to more normal life – and has created a global market worth tens of billions of dollars in annual sales for some pharmaceutical companies.

Among the biggest winners will be Moderna and Pfizer – two very different US pharma firms which are both charging more than $30 per person for the protection of their two-dose vaccines. While Moderna was founded just 11 years ago, has never made a profit and employed just 830 staff pre-pandemic, Pfizer traces its roots back to 1849, made a net profit of $9.6bn last year and employs nearly 80,000 staff.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/06/from-pfizer-to-moderna-whos-making-billions-from-covid-vaccines

 

 

I find it interesting that Archy has said that Pfizer's vaccine is the best in a few posts even though there are vaccines that are just as good. A lot of this depends on availability and what region of the world you are in. Pfizer's vaccine would have major distribution problems in many places of the world. So for some a mRNA vaccine isn't the best for them. Saying that, I don't think I would take a new vaccine developed in China right now. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...