Covid-19 Vaccinations.

God almighty....IDGAF who they prioritize. IMO it should be healthcare workers before the 65+ crowd. And it should be first responders and the elderly before me. After this last year and the initial thinking being that it would take 4+ years, if ever, to develope a vaccine....are we really going to go down the road of arguing over a few months based on age, race, etc. Ya know what, I’ll volunteer to be last if we can keep this discussion from even happening. Just be glad there will be a vaccine available in the near future for everyone. FM, why does everything have to be broken down by all the metrics that aren’t supposed to matter in this country. So f#&%ing sick of it all. I blame the OP for starting the topic in the fashion he did.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

God almighty....IDGAF who they prioritize. IMO it should be healthcare workers before the 65+ crowd. And it should be first responders and the elderly before me. After this last year and the initial thinking being that it would take 4+ years, if ever, to develope a vaccine....are we really going to go down the road of arguing over a few months based on age, race, etc. Ya know what, I’ll volunteer to be last if we can keep this discussion from even happening. Just be glad there will be a vaccine available in the near future for everyone. FM, why does everything have to be broken down by all the metrics that aren’t supposed to matter in this country. So f#&%ing sick of it all. I blame the OP for starting the topic in the fashion he did.

/thread

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Are you kidding? I am sorry you are sick of it all. But it is a legitimate concern, that will be on the forefront for the next 6mos to a year...unless you know of a secret stash of about 250mil doses, there will have to be some method of triage. Let's check out 2 examples that should be near the head of the line.

If you ask my dad, who is 75, he would tell you to give it to his grandkids or greatgrandkids, so they can have a chance to live a full life...that he already has.

If you ask my wife, who is a Frontline healthcare worker, she would tell you to give it to her sister, who is a diabetic and asthmatic. Do you know why? Because Covid killed her brother, another severe diabetic, about 10 months ago, before they were really testing for it, and she would rather not lose another sibling.

So, maybe read the room (you were the 9th distinct person to reply)  before you start bashing people's discussion about an issue that will be hotly contested in the months to come.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

IDGAF...is that how I do it correctly.   You say you don’t care yet proceed to give an opinion.  You obviously care enough to post your opinion.  

As for the rest of your post, the rollout actually does matter or there wouldn’t be worldwide discussions amongst health organizations like CDC, NIH, NHS.  We would just have a big long line like a DisneyWorld ride. 

Last I checked it’s a discussion board and these are discussions on a relevant topic.  God forbid it’s talked about.  

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

IDGAF...is that how I do it correctly.   You say you don’t care yet proceed to give an opinion.  You obviously care enough to post your opinion.  

As for the rest of your post, the rollout actually does matter or there wouldn’t be worldwide discussions amongst health organizations like CDC, NIH, NHS.  We would just have a big long line like a DisneyWorld ride. 

Last I checked it’s a discussion board and these are discussions on a relevant topic.  God forbid it’s talked about.  

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Figured the vaccination information  could be in a separate thread than the Plague thread.  Feel free to merge if it doesn’t make sense

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Because whites represent a larger portion of the population at that age and above And people look for every chance possible to cry racism. 

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Age is the biggest risk factor for Covid deaths by far.  
the point to save most amount of lives was to prioritize healthcare workers and elderly by step down in age.  Race shouldn’t matter at that point.

After the elderly, then let’s move the next highest risk factors up the ladder which could prioritize 40-60 year old minorities in many cases over white individuals because of risk and that sounds good to me.  

politics and straight racial matters should have nothing to do with it.  Just rush factors and Saving lives. 

Maybe I’m shooting the messenger here but I don’t see WTF race has to do with it.  Sure it’s always on the news how Covid is having a bigger impact on minorities but from what I’ve gleaned that’s not due to biology but rather because of poverty related risk factors. Sorry but I just tire of every frikken thing that comes up having to be related to race and it seems to me that maybe you agree with that but still are inclined to foster a discussion with that at the forefront. IMO people need to relax and get the frikken vaccine when they can and not spend time :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh freaking out over BS that is posted on social media.  I’m fine waiting until people who need it more than me get it before me. And I’m sick of our country saying how race, age, sex, orientation and all don’t matter in this country and then those very things proceed to be the determining factor for every decision that is made. So yeah, I have an opinion and it’s that I’m fed up with it.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Redux said:

Which is ridiculous considering they never even closed during any height of the pandemic.

While I think that idea from the airlines is a little over board, I understand what they are trying to do.  I fly a lot and have flown quite a bit since the pandemic started.  Quite frankly, it's NOT a comfortable situation.  The planes are back to being full.  Major hubs seem even busier than normal.  Luckily, the vast majority of people wear their masks because it's impossible to social distance. So, their efforts is to try to get anyone in this situation to be vaccinated.

35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

While I think that idea from the airlines is a little over board, I understand what they are trying to do.  I fly a lot and have flown quite a bit since the pandemic started.  Quite frankly, it's NOT a comfortable situation.  The planes are back to being full.  Major hubs seem even busier than normal.  Luckily, the vast majority of people wear their masks because it's impossible to social distance. So, their efforts is to try to get anyone in this situation to be vaccinated.

I spoke to an HVAC engineer with a local engineering firm and he said the air flow inside a plane is comparable to what you would find in a surgery suit.  I didn’t realize how fast the air exchanges.  He said the most likely area to attract the virus is inside the airport touching things then wiping your face

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I spoke to an HVAC engineer with a local engineering firm and he said the air flow inside a plane is comparable to what you would find in a surgery suit.  I didn’t realize how fast the air exchanges.  He said the most likely area to attract the virus is inside the airport touching things then wiping your face

Just open a window!

• Haha 3
17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Lol... does he double as an epidemiologist?

• Plus1 2
Just now, Scarlet said:

Lol... does he double as an epidemiologist?

No but he is much much much more smarter than you or your joke about this stuff.  They design the HVAC systems that people like Surgeons and epidemiologist would want in a sterile environment.   Just passing along safety information about planes for those who travel.  But joke away dude...lol.....Hahaha...hehehe

• Plus1 1