Covid-19 Vaccinations.

1 hour ago, jaws said:

I find it interesting that Archy has said that Pfizer's vaccine is the best in a few posts even though there are vaccines that are just as good. A lot of this depends on availability and what region of the world you are in. Pfizer's vaccine would have major distribution problems in many places of the world. So for some a mRNA vaccine isn't the best for them. Saying that, I don't think I would take a new vaccine developed in China right now. 

Why don’t you check out what India, China and the EU are currently buying.  Not to mention the market leader in vaccines for the US and who Brazil wants to contract with.  

It’s all about efficacy and distribution capabilities.  Plus the ultra cold storage has been blown out of proportion.  Not sure why it seems you have a problem with what I posted.   

Just an aside, China currently has its own vaccine, yet is going to deal with Fosun and Biontech (Pfizer’s partner) to manufacture the “Pfizer vaccine in China”.  

• Plus1 2

Free beer offer results in more vaccinations than all Erie County first-dose clinics last week

The idea of getting vaccinated had been rolling around in the back of Tyler Morsch's mind for weeks. As a 28-year-old, he didn't feel in any particular danger, but he finally decided he should start looking for a Covid-19 vaccination clinic this week. Then he heard the magic words.

"Free beer," he said.

Saturday was the first day that Erie County worked with a local microbrewery to host its Shot and a Chaser program, offering individuals who got their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine at Resurgence Brewing Company a free pint glass and coupon for the vaccinated person's drink of choice.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Isn't it odd that regional cases seem so much different than these types of data. Here in really red central NE most all are Rs...and virtually everyone I know has been vaccinated.

It's good that the people you know are getting vaccinated, but that's still a tiny fraction of the population even in a very rural state like Nebraska.

• Plus1 1

I know a lot of people (I am popular) and I only know one over the age of 12 that is not vaxxed.

There is some manipulation going on and I think it is to get more people vaxxed, makes sense to me.

Also, for the most part, all incoming fresh(persons)men, at colleges have to get vaxxed.

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

I know a lot of people (I am popular) and I only know one over the age of 12 that is not vaxxed.

There is some manipulation going on and I think it is to get more people vaxxed, makes sense to me.

Also, for the most part, all incoming fresh(persons)men, at colleges have to get vaxxed.

My son got his first vaccination on Sunday, so you can add that to the list of people you know who are getting vaxxed.

I think a lot of people's experience on who or who isn't getting the vaccination is through the social circles they are in.  IMO, the more educated the people and belief in science, those people are more willing to get the vaccine, regardless of political affiliation.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Isn't it odd that regional cases seem so much different than these types of data. Here in really red central NE most all are Rs...and virtually everyone I know has been vaccinated.

I believe still most of my employees refuse to get vaccinated.  It's frustrating.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, RedDenver said:

It's good that the people you know are getting vaccinated, but that's still a tiny fraction of the population even in a very rural state like Nebraska.

I get that. But I know a large cross section of folks, from all socioeconomic levels, due to my and my wife's careers, and I guarantee the vaccination rate around here is a lot higher than 43%.

Anecdotal I know.

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe still most of my employees refuse to get vaccinated.  It's frustrating.

That has to be a bummer as an employer.