Covid-19 Vaccinations.

8 minutes ago, commando said:

zero hedge?  that is a far right sight that is not above misinformation.   

Yeah, and probably has to do with the naturally smaller total population and potential to change their minds.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.20.21260795v1.full-text

The large decrease in COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy January-May among those with ≤high school education went a long way towards narrowing the education gap; still this group has a relatively high hesitancy prevalence. Those with professional degrees (e.g., JD, MBA) and PhDs were the only education groups without a decrease in hesitancy, and by May, those with PhDs had the highest hesitancy. To our knowledge, no other study has evaluated education with this level of granularity, which was possible due to our unusually large sample size (>10,000 participants with PhDs). Further investigation into hesitancy among those with a PhD is warranted.

Lorewarn beat me to it.

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

Not nearly as salacious as the misleading headline. Here's a helpful tip - any website that uses memes to prove its point, or editorializes how a study demolishes or owns a tribe or narrative, isn't a reputable news source. Anyways, let's take a look at the actual study itself and not the right wing libertarian bulgarian financial blog that writers sign pieces as 'Tyler Durden' on.

First of all, the study is focused on January to May. The first vaccine administered in the states was December 14th, so starting just over two weeks after.

Here is their result summary (emphasis mine):

Some other excerpts:

Screenshot-2021-08-11-at-08.36.36-1024x6

I’m trying to figure out why the headline was salacious and you are so hurt by the Cambridge Study?  Doesn’t seem like you pointed out any inaccuracies and the context seemed pretty spot on for data in the study:dunno

• Oh Yeah! 1
41 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m trying to figure out why the headline was salacious and you are so hurt by the Cambridge Study?  Doesn’t seem like you pointed out any inaccuracies and the context seemed pretty spot on for data in the study:dunno

The headline says that the most highly educated are the most hesitant to get vaccinated. The article itself says that the highest hesitancy is among the most educated and the least educated. Removing half of a sentiment that focuses on two separate factors is not "spot on" context in any estimation, it's literally missing half the context.

At any rate, I'm not hurt by the study (what does that even mean?). I find it interesting.

• Plus1 3