Rutgers - What Did We Learn?

Mavric

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

QB play was absolutely a huge reason NU lost to Minnesota.  This offense work efficiently without a throwing QB.  Adrian is the best option at the moment and that’s the big problem moving forward. 

QB play did not cost us that game, period. AM missed some throws that definitely would have helped, but the biggest issue with Minny was offensive line play and poor play calling choices. I made quite a few bullet points in the Rutgers week thread. Basically 5 or 6 blocks could have drastically changed the game for us.

8 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

(1) we have no special teams. Our special teams is a bunch of guys running around clueless without any plan but try to give the other team every possible advantage. From now on, Nebraska should call this “incompetent teams” instead of special teams. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything so unspecial at any level of football.

(2) the first half was one of the worst and most boring halves of football ever

(3) Didrich, Wandale, and AM won this game for us and the defense kept us in the game

(4) why wasn’t Diedrich Mills used more often this season when he was healthy? 
(5) the swing pass needs to be retired forever...I want to bury that play and give it a proper funeral. It is the worst play ever.

(6) until Swing Pass Frost finds a way to fix the undisciplined play, penalties, and turnovers in every game, he will never be successful at Nebraska 

(7) we are capable of scoring more than 7 points in the second half...thought that was impossible 

(8) we are the thirteenth best team in the conference but number one in turnovers 

(9) with this magnificent win, toilet bowl here we come

Nm

6 hours ago, chamrocck said:

TE’s are fashionable again.

We need to add WR’s that stretch the field.  This year the opposing defenses never had to be concerned about getting beat over the top. 

I think the former is partly a product of the latter. This feels like the most actions our TEs have seen in, like, ever.

9 hours ago, I am I said:

I learned

we fought til the end and won 

at this point a win is a win. 

still some stupid penalties and turnovers. 

Yet we actually looked competent at times, even tho Rutgers. 

all the stats and measurables are there. Just gotta clean it up, ie young team. If the BS lockdowns stop and we can have the early enrollees come in, spring practices, etc we can clean that up and be cohesive, I think we are nearly there. 

2 things negative:

special teams are bad. Realllly bad. 

why isn’t Luke M on the field as a RB, slot, wildcat even a little bit? He’s too good to not play. Start at QB a couple games, run some RB, make a ton of plays early on but now not on the field at all? Weird. They gotta get him on the field. He’s not a D1 QB, but he’s good enough to touch the ball 8-10 times a game. 

we won, I’ll take it. Let’s go “bowling” and keep moving forward.  

AND....those Refs wouldn’t know a block in the back of it slapped them in the face! Rutgers also held our boys all night and were only called for it one time!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

(1) we have no special teams. Our special teams is a bunch of guys running around clueless without any plan but try to give the other team every possible advantage. From now on, Nebraska should call this “incompetent teams” instead of special teams. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything so unspecial at any level of football.

(2) the first half was one of the worst and most boring halves of football ever

(3) Didrich, Wandale, and AM won this game for us and the defense kept us in the game

(4) why wasn’t Diedrich Mills used more often this season when he was healthy? 
(5) the swing pass needs to be retired forever...I want to bury that play and give it a proper funeral. It is the worst play ever.

(6) until Swing Pass Frost finds a way to fix the undisciplined play, penalties, and turnovers in every game, he will never be successful at Nebraska 

(7) we are capable of scoring more than 7 points in the second half...thought that was impossible 

(8) we are the thirteenth best team in the conference but number one in turnovers 

(9) with this magnificent win, toilet bowl here we come

Can't argue any of this.

1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

AND....those Refs wouldn’t know a block in the back of it slapped them in the face! Rutgers also held our boys all night and were only called for it one time!

I've not been impressed with this particular officiating crew throughout the season. Definitely biased though after watching the head ref mouth "wow" after our DB makes hard (should've been legal) hit against OSU and the subsequent flag.

• Thanks 1