Jump to content

Rutgers - What Did We Learn?


Mavric

Recommended Posts

I learned RUN THE DAMN BALL guy will come out even after the Huskers passing game goes 24 of 28 for 255 yards at 9.1 ypa.

 

Both the running and passing games were working well. Defense played well. Special teams and especially turnovers kept this game close.

  • Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Corcoran is gonna be a stud. What a debut

This team never quit!!!! Atrocious season, rough game and lots of turnovers.... never stopped trying, gave all the effort they could.   Fought for a game that truly didn’t mean anything..... That

Run the damn ball=winning FB

58 minutes ago, Bledred said:

I learned that our real opponent is actually Scott Frost and his horrific play calling.  RUN THE DAMN BALL AND WIN NEARLY EVERY TIME!  EVEN WITH FOUR FREAKING TURNOVERS! 

 

With hat tip to poster who pointed this out earlier, I simply cannot fathom what Coach Frost sees when we're inside the opponent's 5 yard line and he appears to lash out to find ANY other option other than giving it to Mills up the gut.  There is no other explanation other than based on ego his hell bent on proving how smart he is....and in trying so hard to do so, he's so clearly showing how smart he is not.  Unless this one aspect of his personality changes, everything else they try to do in the program will be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

 

Ball is in Coach Frost's court....as he's the only one who can make this change.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

The team played well in spite of the coaching.  Frost is a flat out terrible coach and is the definition of a fake sharp.  His RZ playcalling perfectly encapsulates everything.  Watching Nebraska run that modified shuffle pass that the KC Chiefs kill teams with was hysterical.    He's essentially a more jacked, worse version of Gene Chizik.  Caught lightening in a bottle for one year and was completely mediocre for the rest of his career.

 

Hiring a S/T coach will be critical.  We've listed the coaches we hope will get shown the door, I'm more petrified of someone plucking Fisher.  I do wonder if Dawson will bounce again if the NFL comes calling again or if he gets an offer to head back to the Northeast.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Martinez is not efficient enough for the offense to have sustained success in the B1G. 17 games, 28 total TD, 21 total Turnovers. 
 

It’s year 4 next year. Well past time to get a guy that can take care of the football, make good decisions and deliver the ball downfield. Grad Transfer QB is a necessity. 

I don't think efficiency is good reason to criticize AM at this point. He's 81 of 105 (77%) over the last 4 games (all 4 starts since LM got a start).

 

Turnovers definitely a fair criticism though.

  • Plus1 4
Link to post

30 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't think efficiency is good reason to criticize AM at this point. He's 81 of 105 (77%) over the last 4 games (all 4 starts since LM got a start).

 

Turnovers definitely a fair criticism though.

Efficiency in terms of scoring points and not turning the ball over. 1.65 TDs/game and 1.24 Turnovers/game isn’t efficient. 

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
13 hours ago, ZRod said:

Adrian is far and away the best option we have right now.

How sad is that? Maybe if he had played his senior year in high school he wouldn't have been recruited so hard by Frost. Martinez kinda reminds me of the late 80's early 90's where our quarterback play was incredibly inconsistent and cost us games.

 

Consistency, that's what he is lacking.

Link to post

 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I completely forgot Nebraska was playing last night.  When I found out I missed it I wasn't even disappointed.   That's new.

 

I almost forgot too and, had I missed the game, I am not sure I would have been that upset.  It's sad that the program has fallen to its lowest level in decades.  

Link to post
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

The team played well in spite of the coaching.  Frost is a flat out terrible coach and is the definition of a fake sharp.  His RZ playcalling perfectly encapsulates everything.  Watching Nebraska run that modified shuffle pass that the KC Chiefs kill teams with was hysterical.    He's essentially a more jacked, worse version of Gene Chizik.  Caught lightening in a bottle for one year and was completely mediocre for the rest of his career.

 

Hiring a S/T coach will be critical.  We've listed the coaches we hope will get shown the door, I'm more petrified of someone plucking Fisher.  I do wonder if Dawson will bounce again if the NFL comes calling again or if he gets an offer to head back to the Northeast.

 

I agree.  Some claim all this time is needed to get Nebraska back to decency, yet we see other programs hire new coaches and progress is evident by Year 2.   Look at Matt Campbell at Iowa State.  He inherited a program that was 3-9, 2-10, and 3-9 in the prior 3 years before he took over. By his 2nd year ISU was 8-5 and they have had a winning record since.  He inherited a program that was in worse shape than what Frost did and found a way to make it competitive quickly.  

 

 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post

I learned this program is still stuck in mediocrity.  Nebraska should have blown out Rutgers and not needed a 4th quarter come from behind victory to win the game.  I definitely appreciated the fight, and Frost brings a lot of that himself, but that alone does not make a program good.  This staff and team have a long way to go to be competitive in the BIG.  

Link to post
16 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I learned this program is still stuck in mediocrity.  Nebraska should have blown out Rutgers and not needed a 4th quarter come from behind victory to win the game.  I definitely appreciated the fight, and Frost brings a lot of that himself, but that alone does not make a program good.  This staff and team have a long way to go to be competitive in the BIG.  

 

I learned this program is still stuck in mediocrity.  Really, you just learned that after this game? 

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...