Rutgers - What Did We Learn?

Mavric

28 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Leadership story is super.

it’s about performing at this point.  This should have been a blow out.  Just look at the stats.  The huskers are easily a .500+ team at this point.  Horrendous QB play has plagued this team.

I hope they are hitting the grad transfer market.

If we had just average QB play this year, the team only loses 2 games.  Good QB play throwing the ball and it’s a 1 loss season. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I don’t know if I’d go that far, but average QB play makes this a reasonable season.

As it sits, Husker nation wants to ignore a 4 turnover game and fire more assistants.  It’s mind boggling.

I think your are underestimating how important a QB that can throw is to this style of offense and how many wide open receivers NU has had roaming the field.  

the passing game was awful for almost the entire year and the main reason the offense didn’t work.   I can’t think of a close loss that isn’t a win with a better QB 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I don’t know if I’d go that far, but average QB play makes this a reasonable season.

As it sits, Husker nation wants to ignore a 4 turnover game and fire more assistants.  It’s mind boggling.

QB has turned into a cluster-eff under Frost. He pinned his hopes on Adrian, who has been limited by lack of progression and injuries. I’m not sure what Frost sees in Luke, but Luke would need to improve a LOT to be a decent QB. It will be interesting to see if Frost brings in a transfer QB to compete with Adrian. I don’t think Smothers is ready.  

Just now, runningblind said:

I like the guy but can you even call him a recruiter if the recruits never produce? A la Keith Williams.

Williams was not a good recruiter. He was a decent position coach.