Rutgers - What Did We Learn?

Mavric

32 minutes ago, ZRod said:

K

QB didn't cost us the Minnesota game or several of the other games. Adrian is far and away the best option we have right now.

QB play was absolutely a huge reason NU lost to Minnesota.  This offense work efficiently without a throwing QB.  Adrian is the best option at the moment and that’s the big problem moving forward. 

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Just snide comments about not developing guys. I think if DB did the morning show this morning he needs to go to bed. He’s getting punchy. 

Frost and DB were teammates 

DB has a radio show.

Frost is head coach of the Huskers 

The two of the have some history that isn't perfect.

Take the show host's words for what they are.  Air time 

Just sayin'

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think your are underestimating how important a QB that can throw is to this style of offense and how many wide open receivers NU has had roaming the field.  

the passing game was awful for almost the entire year and the main reason the offense didn’t work.   I can’t think of a close loss that isn’t a win with a better QB 

If #2 is the QB next year it’ll be the same result. People can blame OL or WR all they want.  I hope we are looking hard for a grad Transfer 

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

QB play was absolutely a huge reason NU lost to Minnesota.  This offense work efficiently without a throwing QB.  Adrian is the best option at the moment and that’s the big problem moving forward. 

exactly. AM missing wide open targets completely cost us the Minn game. 

• Plus1 3

I learned

we fought til the end and won 

at this point a win is a win. 

still some stupid penalties and turnovers. 

Yet we actually looked competent at times, even tho Rutgers. 

all the stats and measurables are there. Just gotta clean it up, ie young team. If the BS lockdowns stop and we can have the early enrollees come in, spring practices, etc we can clean that up and be cohesive, I think we are nearly there. 

2 things negative:

special teams are bad. Realllly bad. 

why isn’t Luke M on the field as a RB, slot, wildcat even a little bit? He’s too good to not play. Start at QB a couple games, run some RB, make a ton of plays early on but now not on the field at all? Weird. They gotta get him on the field. He’s not a D1 QB, but he’s good enough to touch the ball 8-10 times a game. 

we won, I’ll take it. Let’s go “bowling” and keep moving forward.  

• Plus1 2

The most underrated play of the game was 2nd & goal from the five on the hand-off to Wan'Dale. He jukes & powers down to the 1. That then sets up the QB sneak where Mills pushes Adrian into the end zone.

Watching Robinson play for our team is a thing of beauty. Honestly, Martinez also. 

Do you all remember how the local beat reporter asked Frost in the post-game after Minnesota: "Hey coach, given that Minnesota was giving up 7 yards per carry against the run, how did that impact how you game-planned for this one?" And Scott pretended to not understand the question...even though he absolutely understood. He said "I'm not sure I understand the question; we planned for this one just like we plan for every game."

It was a bit of a drubbing on Frost for not running power more against the Goofers - and poignant, too.

Tonight, Scott swallowed his pride and did "Run the Damn Ball" guy proud.

• Plus1 7
10 minutes ago, TheSker said:

DB has a radio show.

Just sayin'

Or he’s tired.

now’s  the time to call in with any question and  DB doesn’t have the impulse control to answer politically correct 

lol- as I’m typing someone asked via Twitter or email about Betts and Damon says Covid while Mike’l says unavailable. 
then says CTB is not returning 

Just now, krc1995 said:

Or he’s tired.

now’s  the time to call in with any question and  DB doesn’t have the impulse control to answer politically correct 

lol- as I’m typing someone asked via Twitter or email about Betts and Damon says Covid while Mike’l says unavailable. 

Benning gets a lot of inside info from the Omaha guys. If CTB is getting a grade in the top half of the draft, he would be smart to go pro. 

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

Tonight, Scott swallowed his pride and did "Run the Damn Ball" guy proud.

And when he said he was tired , I believe him. He was to tired to fight his ego 

3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Or he’s tired.

Oh yeah   He’s got to. Good for him. 

1 hour ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Last one, people need to give chin and his d credit.

They played a seriously good game tonight.

I don't really have much to complain about with the defense. They're not amazing by any means, but across the board things seem to be trending in the right direction. (Now about that lack of a legit pass rushing OLB I've been harping on for years now...)

52 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Held might be a good recruiter, but our RB room is atrocious. WR receivers are equally as atrocious and that's Lubick. Plus he's some kind of offensive coordinator, and the only thing he's seemed to coordinate is an offensive offense.

At this point, I'd be fine with Held either being moved into a non-coaching recruiting coordinator role or removed entirely. The word I keep hearing used to describe the RBs room is 'clusterf#&%'. Yes, behind Mills we're basically all freshmen (as I've been saying all season), but this ain't the O-line we're talking about. RBs usually have about the easiest time contributing early, yet here we are with our best 'RBs' being guys who are supposed to be QB or WR.

26 minutes ago, TheSker said:

DB has a radio show.

Just sayin'

Benning is what's known as an attention whore. He's the kind of guy who always has to make himself look smart and important.