Rutgers - What Did We Learn?

Mavric

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I think he comes back for another year.... He could be a early round (not first round) draft pick if he has a really good 2021 season.

Agreed.  Benning say he will grade in top 3 rounds now and bolt.  Of course, DB is just 1 guy with an opinion.

38 minutes ago, I am I said:

why isn’t Luke M on the field as a RB, slot, wildcat even a little bit? He’s too good to not play. Start at QB a couple games, run some RB, make a ton of plays early on but now not on the field at all? Weird. They gotta get him on the field. He’s not a D1 QB, but he’s good enough to touch the ball 8-10 times a game. 

One of the local media guys tweeted that LM was in uniform during warmups but was on the sidelines in street clothes the whole game. I'm sure somebody will link the tweet as I can't remember who it was.

6 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not qualified to disagree, but I will. Haha

I don't think he'd grade that high this year.

I think that Husker fans in recent years, have viewed our guys through the optics of how well they have played compared to others on our team. Ie Stan And Oz not getting drafted.  They were very good for us, but not compared with the rest of the guys in their class at the same position.  I think CTB getting recognized by coaches and media is huge, but I take it with a grain of salt.  JoJo, IMHO, played lights out, but how doe he compare across the board?  I think we have draftable guys again this year, I just think another season could really benefit some.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

One of the local media guys tweeted that LM was in uniform during warmups but was on the sidelines in street clothes the whole game. I'm sure somebody will link the tweet as I can't remember who it was.

Not sure about being in Uniform, but Frost in post game  he was in sidelines due to health reasons. One of the reporters asked why bring him and Frost said because they were worried about signals being stolen and he could help with that. I have no clue how. 

12 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

7 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Not sure about being in Uniform, but Frost in post game  he was in sidelines due to health reasons. One of the reporters asked why bring him and Frost said because they were worried about signals being stolen and he could help with that. I have no clue how. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I learned, or perhaps re-learned, that 2AM one flaw away from being a pretty freaking amazing player.  If he could, through some dark magic, make a way to eliminate the turn-overs, he'd be top 10 in the country I think.  I also think he is hurting in a few ways that have an impact on his ability.  Was he 24-28 tonight or something crazy like that...plus 150+ in rushing???  Wow.  We maybe need to dock Verduzco's pay until he get the turn over thing fixed...he is the guru after all.

• Plus1 1

Yep Martinez 24/28. Crazy stat. Has actually done that a couple times this year. Plus his 157 on the ground?  f#&%in ran it when it was there. He looked good. 

Mills had like 235 all purpose yds.  Crazy for what we been given last 4-6 yrs. 

Rutgers is trash true, but we aren’t that far behind them. However to beat the trash and not be the trash, we saw some good things. Absolutely have to clean up the turnovers, we win  by 3 scores otherwise.  

I mean, s#!t...at this point I’ll take 24/28, two rushers over 150 and 620 yds of offense any day. Plus the D played damn well. 

special teams needs some special work ugggh. 
total s#!t show.  Baaaad. 

a young team gets older next year with a Sr QB. I’m so down for 21 and 22. Watch out cuz here we come. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

(1) we have no special teams. Our special teams is a bunch of guys running around clueless without any plan but try to give the other team every possible advantage. From now on, Nebraska should call this “incompetent teams” instead of special teams. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything so unspecial at any level of football.

(2) the first half was one of the worst and most boring halves of football ever

(3) Didrich, Wandale, and AM won this game for us and the defense kept us in the game

(4) why wasn’t Diedrich Mills used more often this season when he was healthy? 
(5) the swing pass needs to be retired forever...I want to bury that play and give it a proper funeral. It is the worst play ever.

(6) until Swing Pass Frost finds a way to fix the undisciplined play, penalties, and turnovers in every game, he will never be successful at Nebraska 

(7) we are capable of scoring more than 7 points in the second half...thought that was impossible 

(8) we are the thirteenth best team in the conference but number one in turnovers 

(9) with this magnificent win, toilet bowl here we come

TE’s are fashionable again.

We need to add WR’s that stretch the field.  This year the opposing defenses never had to be concerned about getting beat over the top.  
A big theme for me is the offense stalled out too much this year.  I wonder how close SF feels we are with the offense?  We have a young offense and senior laden defense.  

• Plus1 3