Who Is Coming Back?

ladyhawke

3 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Of the current seniors who do you think will return? I’m hoping our kicker will return as well as Honas, Williams, Domann, Mills, Stille, and Miller (I know he won’t but it’s a wish list!)

what do you think Huskerboard?

Sevy Morrison posting on Twitter thanking Mills for his leadership. It seemed like a goodbye post. Doman was seen saying goodbye to memorial after his final home game. Think it’s safe to say those two are gone.

47 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Sevy Morrison posting on Twitter thanking Mills for his leadership. It seemed like a goodbye post. Doman was seen saying goodbye to memorial after his final home game. Think it’s safe to say those two are gone.

I saw on Twitter that the photograph of the player at midfield after the Minnesota game was Warner, not Domann.  Either way, I think Domann is going to give the NFL a shot. 

• Thanks 1

If anyone has a chance to go to the NFL from the seniors they should absolutely go as they have no idea what next year might bring. If they don't have a shot, but can contribute, they should stick around because they might give themselves a chance next year or they could get one more year of the "glory years" to take with them through life. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The main reason I think Mills leaves NU is that he will turn 24 in a week. He is old! If he’s going to have a future in the NFL, he might as well give it a shot.  He isn’t going to improve his chances by coming back to NU for another year. 

I dont disagree for the most part, but I also kind of see it two different ways. Yes, his age May factor into it, and no he probably won't be any better next year. But I also feel like his situation is a lot like ozigbo. highly underutilized and didn't get a chance to show what he can do, especially with the shorter season figured in. If he comes back next year and we give him the ball more he could have a season similar to ozigbos senior year and that would do a lot for his draft stock.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The main reason I think Mills leaves NU is that he will turn 24 in a week. He is old! If he’s going to have a future in the NFL, he might as well give it a shot.  He isn’t going to improve his chances by coming back to NU for another year. 

I understand what you are saying, but in this case I lean more to him returning than trying the NFL. For one reason, his name has shown up as a graduate yet and that should be priority number one. I don't know if he graduates in the spring or not. Second, he lost a lot of this season so there isn't much to show NFL teams and he wouldn't get drafted. Leaving a scholarship to go underafted and not making an NFL team with no degree is not what one should do. 

Smart move is to return to school, get the degree, try and put together a good season and see if he can make it to at the very least a practice squad for a couple of years or more. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...