Who Is Coming Back?

ladyhawke

1 hour ago, DaveCampbell said:

I will believe in Honas.

I also see Honas coming back.  Two years ago he was out with an injury and last season was basically shaking the rust off--and it was ugly at times.  This season, though, I thought he played very well overall.  He could use another season here and if he continues to build off of this past one, he could give himself a chance at playing on Sundays someday.

• Plus1 1

I still think Mills would do good to come back and am still hoping its a possibility.  I have no idea though what his desire is as far as a future in football or if it's something he thinks he has a shot at pursuing.  I think he is a heck of a back and with the right team who knows.

I do know this.  If he comes back Frost/Lubick need to quit dancing around the run game and just give him the dang ball more.

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, Treand3 said:

Think you can bank on Culp coming back, but the others would be nice. I don't know if people forget CTB would be a senior in '21 under normal circumstances and would be back any way. He hasn't done enough to leave early. If he picks up where he left off next year, he'll be drafted.

CTB was 2nd team All B1G this season and has great measurables. It is possible that a team gives him a top 3 round grade and if so, he is gone IMO. His timeline is different than the potential extra year seniors.

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

CAM IS BACK BABY!!!

That is huge! I was worried about the defense next year because we have not had time to develop guys behind him and Domann, IMO the two best players on the defense. I feel a lot better about things with them playing, and opportunities for guys like Braxton Clark, Javin Wright, Quinton Newsome, etc to get their feet wet behind them or play across from them. 4 new starters in the secondary and a new nickel would've given me heartburn, so glad they're back!

4 minutes ago, cornheadnation said:

Now Stille. If we get him back, we get our best/most experienced players back on all 3 levels. That's huge!

I want Stille back too, I think he was our best lineman. But the difference with him versus Jojo and CTB is we do have other guys on the DLine who have at least flashed some ability and played. So if he's ready to move on I'm not as concerned, Javin Wright being the starting OLB/nickel with zero experience and Clark/Newsome as the corners with only some rotational snaps under their belts would've been scary. I like the long term outlook for all 3 of those guys (and Clark or Newsome will start), but I can live with Rogers/Robinson at end spelled by Deontre Thomas and whoever steps up out of Wildeman, Newsom, and Black. Wildeman was apparently close this year but injured some of the time.

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

CTB and JOJO coming back are the two big keys.

I am open to some of the other guys but also ok to see some of the young guys get more playing time. 

Culp being back would be nice. I assume he will be.

Honas is a vet, and if he can continue improving I am all on-board. 

Kind of meh on the rest. 

I would agree with this.  Cam and JoJo were the keys.  Two good building blocks to anchor the defense combined with the defensive line and linebackers continuing to improve.  

if one of those d linemen can have a breakout pash rush year next year, NU could have a Defense worthy of a Top 20 team with more young guys coming up the system. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

I want Stille back too, I think he was our best lineman. But the difference with him versus Jojo and CTB is we do have other guys on the DLine who have at least flashed some ability and played. So if he's ready to move on I'm not as concerned, Javin Wright being the starting OLB/nickel with zero experience and Clark/Newsome as the corners with only some rotational snaps under their belts would've been scary. I like the long term outlook for all 3 of those guys (and Clark or Newsome will start), but I can live with Rogers/Robinson at end spelled by Deontre Thomas and whoever steps up out of Wildeman, Newsom, and Black works for me. Wildeman was apparently close this year but injured some of the time.

Good points. I just like the idea of having as many back as possible. Especially since Covid really did do a number on our recruiting/depth, we need as many guys back as possible.