Who Is Coming Back?

ladyhawke

I believe that with JoJo coming back (rumors about possibility of more), along with CTB decision not to chase $ in nfl quite yet,  may shed a little light about rumored bad culture with an egotistical HC. If things were as bad as some think, both of these guys would be gone.

• Plus1 9

17 minutes ago, HANC said:

I believe that with JoJo coming back (rumors about possibility of more), along with CTB decision not to chase $ in nfl quite yet,  may shed a little light about rumored bad culture with an egotistical HC. If things were as bad as some think, both of these guys would be gone.

Agree!!!

Also, I would think that if they thought the team would not be improved, they would be gone.  This year, the offense caused problems. There’s a chance they are coming back because they think that is going to improve.  

4 minutes ago, Toe said:

@HANC I suppose one caveat to that is that the guys we're talking about are on the defensive side - more Chin's group. Lately we've had more attrition problems on the offensive side.

Fair point. Ego would definitely be on that side of ball. Culture would be program wide. 

@Toe Sorry. I don’t buy this take. 

a head coach with a bad locker room and ego infects a whole team, not just one side. 

as less players leave and more players use the COVID year, the more dispelled the notion that these players don’t want to play for 
1. Frost

2. The State of Nebraska 

3. Each other, all of each other

and 

4. think that they are so damn close to being a part of the turnaround. 

guys coming back isn’t negative and let’s not spin it in any way negative. This is GREAT evidence that kills most all  notion of negativity. 

Lastly, if they didn’t like it here but still wanted to play or “go play for a winner” they have a portal they could step into 

• Plus1 1

@I am I Ehh, I think it's safe to say that Frost is more hands-on with the offense than the defense, which could be reflected in how the players view him differently on each side of the ball. And it's not necessarily the head coach who has an ego/pisses off the players, it could be the OC or position coaches on that side. This is all pure speculation, of course - I haven't seen much to confirm it. Just playing devil's advocate.

Fair enough.
I still think if players aren’t playing at any position, or are friends that are committing sexual assault together or, have to have the “hard talk” about their status etc....it boils down to Frost. He has to ultimately do the dirty work/hard talks so if he really is a problem players will talk about him and bail on him first, then the team, then the State. 

seems like these days, more of the diva players are on the offensive side of the ball anyway. 

l mean, look who’s really left/kicked off team...offensive players. That just cannot be all on Frost. Sometimes the players need to move on. Since guys are coming back, methinks they don’t mind playing for him. Granted it’s been two big stars for us that happen to be on defense, but still, Star Offense guys aren’t bailing yet either. 

12 hours ago, Toe said:

@HANC I suppose one caveat to that is that the guys we're talking about are on the defensive side - more Chin's group. Lately we've had more attrition problems on the offensive side.

We haven't exactly had an exodus on the offensive side of the ball either.  We had one lineman opt out who has a legit shot at the nfl.  The majority of the returning talent on offense are underclassmen.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

Do they need the spring to get their degrees? Not trying to be a Debbie downer, just trying not to get let down 

Just 12 more credits until that general studies degree! 

j/k, I’m sure the prestigious DONU would never award such a degree.  Family studies maybe? 

• Haha 1