Who Is Coming Back?

ladyhawke

9 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Just 12 more credits until that general studies degree! 

j/k, I’m sure the prestigious DONU would never award such a degree.  Family studies maybe? 

Williams and Mills are both listed as Child, Youth, and Family Majors.  Stille is listed as Health Science major.

I have a lot of respect for these athletes that plan on going and making a difference in the lives of kids and families after graduation.  Good for them!

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Williams and Mills are both listed as Child, Youth, and Family Majors.  Stille is listed as Health Science major.

I have a lot of respect for these athletes that plan on going and making a difference in the lives of kids and families after graduation.  Good for them!

makes me wish I didn't get that degree in underwater basket weaving

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Word is Stille, Honas and Dismuke are very likely to return.  Probably Williams as well but not quite as sure as the other three.

That would be awesome.  Which, makes me believe even more that these players really think the program can take a jump next year.  Meaning, the offense would greatly improve to make the entire team more successful.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Did this past year not count for anyone's eligibility?

Do guys like McCaffrey, and others who redshirted in previous seasons, essentially get 2 redshirts?

No one used a year of eligibility last year.  Effectively everyone redshirted - doesn't matter if they'd already redshirted or not.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

No one used a year of eligibility last year.  Effectively everyone redshirted - doesn't matter if they'd already redshirted or not.

Thanks, that what I was thinking but not sure.

So each school might as well combine the recruiting classes of 20 & 21.  That means around 50 scholarship kids will be "true" freshmen next year.  And 25+ scholarship players will be "redshirt" freshmen.  Hopefully there aren't too many holes in the depth chart in a couple years, geez!

If one good thing happened to NU because of the pandemic, it might be the fact that this year could help them recover from the people that have left from Frost's first couple classes in one fell swoop.  Talk about a mulligan!

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Thanks, that what I was thinking but not sure.

So each school might as well combine the recruiting classes of 20 & 21.  That means around 50 scholarship kids will be "true" freshmen next year.  And 25+ scholarship players will be "redshirt" freshmen.  Hopefully there aren't too many holes in the depth chart in a couple years, geez!

If one good thing happened to NU because of the pandemic, it might be the fact that this year could help them recover from the people that have left from Frost's first couple classes in one fell swoop.  Talk about a mulligan!

Absolutely, Somewhere else I said the more of these guys we get to take advantage of the extra year of eligibility, the better. Our depth has been bad for a long time, and this might be exactly what we needed to try and get that turned around.  

21 minutes ago, cornheadnation said:

Absolutely, Somewhere else I said the more of these guys we get to take advantage of the extra year of eligibility, the better. Our depth has been bad for a long time, and this might be exactly what we needed to try and get that turned around.  

Especially with the Big Dogs stacking 4-5 star kids.  I understand that those schools lose a lot of kids every year to the draft with early entrees, but still, you can only stack so many deep in the freshman and sophomore class, before kids start looking elsewhere.  They want to play, and if you happen to be the 3rd best 4-5* kid at your position, you may want to look.  This situation could "potentially" even the playing field. Now, will that so-called "playing field" be Nebraska????

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is Stille, Honas and Dismuke are very likely to return.  Probably Williams as well but not quite as sure as the other three.

Wow !  This would be awesome.  Stille is the next guy I want.  Then we would be returning our top player at each level (imo).  Honas was starting to play better. If Dismuke and Williams return, we would basically have entire secondary back with hopefully better competition in practice.  * One negative side effect would be if a few of the younger guys (Pola-Gates, Farmer, Newsome) can't beat them out, they may look elsewhere, rather than sitting another year.  Just the way the landscape is.  Not sure Williams will be back after his injury.  If he sees an opportunity to pursue the NFL, I doubt he risks the chance.

• Fire 1