Who Is Coming Back?

ladyhawke

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Word is Stille, Honas and Dismuke are very likely to return.  Probably Williams as well but not quite as sure as the other three.

That would be awesome news Mavric!  Our D was definitely the strength of the team last year (though still not dominant), and it would be great to have some experienced players back to help us return to Blackshirt defense we used to be accustomed to.  

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

That would be awesome news Mavric!  Our D was definitely the strength of the team last year (though still not dominant), and it would be great to have some experienced players back to help us return to Blackshirt defense we used to be accustomed to.  

Yes! My wish list is becoming a reality!

Ummmmm !!!   Wow.  I didn't expect this one.  According to teammates and coaches, many feel as if he is the best DB we have.  He was coming off a serious injury and didn't have the preseason.  I don't believe that we saw the best version of DW.  This could be great !!  

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

This is also huge.  If Stille, Honas and Dismuke also return which seems likely then I will feel much better about us defensively heading into next season.  Wish I could say that about the other side of the ball however...  Those problems run deeper than the guys who will be out there.

Can we take Honas & Stille and let Dismuke go? Pretty please? 

Surprised Williams is coming back when he'll be 25 in October but pleased about his return. 

1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Surprised Williams is coming back when he'll be 25 in October but pleased about his return. 

If I'm 25 and had the choice of one more year of college or 'today's' real world I know what I'd be doing.

3454c10a-6794-4a01-979e-76c9226a7387_1.b

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I was surprised that Williams is coming back, as well.  But, given this past season was the first season as a full-time player, he may have needed some more game film for scouts to review.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I'm not sold on Dismuke but I still think this past season was the best he's had.  Maybe there's still some room for growth.

17 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I'm not sold on Dismuke but I still think this past season was the best he's had.  Maybe there's still some room for growth.

Agreed that he improved last year. Though I believe he is at or near his ceiling as a player already and I would prefer he moves on and Farmer, Clark or NPG get the time in back there. Farmer alone had two more interceptions in one half last season than Dismuke has had in his career.

Really going to be interesting to see how the squeeze goes in the secondary.