Who Is Coming Back?

ladyhawke

The expectations for the defense is going to be out of control. As much as there is uncertainty about Chinander, statistically his defenses have improve each year, so getting just about everyone back, plus some decent recruits and transfers from last year, this defense should be top 25 easily. 

10 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

The expectations for the defense is going to be out of control. As much as there is uncertainty about Chinander, statistically his defenses have improve each year, so getting just about everyone back, plus some decent recruits and transfers from last year, this defense should be top 25 easily. 

Yeah, the good news about all the seniors coming back is I think they'll be able to handle the expectations - those guys know how far they've come, and how much work it has taken to get here. I expect them to embrace it, and the younger guys will have to as well in order to try and steal reps. The secondary is solid and almost entirely intact, and has a higher ceiling if NPG/Farmer can start taking more of the load from Williams/Dismuke. Honas back buys time for Reimer/Henrich/Snodgrass to develop next to him. Jojo is currently irreplaceable, but also gives us a chance to fix that by getting Wright some work. And the DL is also excellent, with Green being the only (minor) loss. Wildeman or Thomas can replace him without drop off - Thomas was just hurt a lot of last year. That's a deep group.

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah, the good news about all the seniors coming back is I think they'll be able to handle the expectations - those guys know how far they've come, and how much work it has taken to get here. I expect them to embrace it, and the younger guys will have to as well in order to try and steal reps. The secondary is solid and almost entirely intact, and has a higher ceiling if NPG/Farmer can start taking more of the load from Williams/Dismuke. Honas back buys time for Reimer/Henrich/Snodgrass to develop next to him. Jojo is currently irreplaceable, but also gives us a chance to fix that by getting Wright some work. And the DL is also excellent, with Green being the only (minor) loss. Wildeman or Thomas can replace him without drop off - Thomas was just hurt a lot of last year. That's a deep group.

That is EXACTLY how you build a program.  Especially the bolded.

58 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Well the opposite for the young guys is, no playing time, having to put forth effort to get playing time usually these days results in entering the transfer portal.