Trump Coup Attempt

Trump Coup Attempt  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i think the 1st answer is   maybe.    if he thinks he can do it i believe he will.    but there has been some generals who have stated they will not go along with such a plan so i guess i will say o seriously doubt this happens

2nd question     again would be maybe.  IF the military DID go along...it could succeed.  but i don't see that happening.

3rd.  if he actually starts a military coup and it fails...he will be executed.    i think he is to cowardly to face that possibility.   that is why i don't think he will lead a military coup.  if he does anything it will be agitate his true believers to commit terror acts and claim that those people were acting on their own since nothing can ever be pinned on don the con.

• Plus1 1

I don’t think anything would come of it. I’m not even sure what it would accomplish. It doesn’t nullify the constitution or the election results. Also, states control the national guard. He’s gonna call in the Army to... do what exactly? They would have to be loyal to him for it to do him any good. If loyal to him I guess they could arrest Biden as he tries to enter the WH? Honestly the people suggesting this s#!t are treasonous for suggesting it, imo.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

i think the 1st answer is   maybe.    if he thinks he can do it i believe he will.    but there has been some generals who have stated they will not go along with such a plan so i guess i will say o seriously doubt this happens

2nd question     again would be maybe.  IF the military DID go along...it could succeed.  but i don't see that happening.

3rd.  if he actually starts a military coup and it fails...he will be executed.    i think he is to cowardly to face that possibility.   that is why i don't think he will lead a military coup.  if he does anything it will be agitate his true believers to commit terror acts and claim that those people were acting on their own since nothing can ever be pinned on don the con.

This is pretty much where I'm at on this.  I'm at a "maybe" on the first question because he is absolutely bat-s#!t crazy enough to see it as in his own self interest to try it, it appears he's been making moves in that direction, he's talked about it, he has some support in his inner circle for it, and the Russian hack has me wondering if that's not in an effort to provide support in some manner.  

I sure hope it won't work but he's made changes in the Defense Department.  

To the third question I'd hope that he would be prosecuted to the fullest.  What's sad is that I could even post a poll like this and not get branded as some sort of loon.  30 days can't pass soon enough.

Here's my take on this. If trump truly attempts a coup it's not because that's his thing. He doesn't care enough about the fabric of America to actually attempt such an endeavor. He never wanted to be president in the first place. The whole thing has been a puppet show since day one.

But if he attempts a coup, it's because Vlad Poutine has him so much by the balls that he has no other choice.

Which means, to me, that Vlad Poutine is an existential threat to the sovereignty of the United States of America.

Which means he needs to play a round or two or six of Catch the 5000lb Bomb with the American Air Force. It's a swell game for enemies of America. Full of excitement.

Or Catch the .300 Winchester Round from an American sniper. Another game I think he'd be swell at. Or swell at. Or swell after. Whatever.

Either way. I feel like if that dude has no voice in the next six months, this will be an overall better world.

I mean that in the nicest way.

Define "attempt".

That word means to me that he tries to get the military or some form of law enforcement to act for him to keep him in office.

We are already seeing that with him trying to convince someone to intervene in the election like confiscating voting machines...etc..  So far, thankfully, they are say FU.  

So, the answer to the first one is YES because it's already happening.

The others are NO.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Define "attempt".

That word means to me that he tries to get the military or some form of law enforcement to act for him to keep him in office.

We are already seeing that with him trying to convince someone to intervene in the election like confiscating voting machines...etc..  So far, thankfully, they are say FU.  

So, the answer to the first one is YES because it's already happening.

The others are NO.

The first question says "military" coup

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, he's tried to convince people to institute martial law.

Who do you think would do that?

Ahh I gotcha.  In your view he has already attempted a coup.  I'm not sure he's gone that far yet unless I missed where he directed it and not just talked about it.  

Just now, Scarlet said:

Ahh I gotcha.  In your view he has already attempted a coup.  I'm not sure he's gone that far yet unless I missed where he directed it and not just talked about it.  

That's where I asked earlier to "define attempt".

He wants it done tried to convince leaders to go along with it.  To me, that is him "attempting" it.  Others might think the military would need to go along with it and actually try it for him personally to have "attempted" it.  

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's where I asked earlier to "define attempt".

He wants it done tried to convince leaders to go along with it.  To me, that is him "attempting" it.  Others might think the military would need to go along with it and actually try it for him personally to have "attempted" it.  

Thanks.  I agree he's been attempting a soft coup all along.  Those attempts have all failed.  My question then was does he actually take the next and final step and order the military to impose martial law in an attempt to stay in power as Flynn has proposed?

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

Here's my take on this. If trump truly attempts a coup it's not because that's his thing. He doesn't care enough about the fabric of America to actually attempt such an endeavor. He never wanted to be president in the first place. The whole thing has been a puppet show since day one.

But if he attempts a coup, it's because Vlad Poutine has him so much by the balls that he has no other choice.

Which means, to me, that Vlad Poutine is an existential threat to the sovereignty of the United States of America.

Which means he needs to play a round or two or six of Catch the 5000lb Bomb with the American Air Force. It's a swell game for enemies of America. Full of excitement.

Or Catch the .300 Winchester Round from an American sniper. Another game I think he'd be swell at. Or swell at. Or swell after. Whatever.

Either way. I feel like if that dude has no voice in the next six months, this will be an overall better world.

I mean that in the nicest way.

I agree with your assessment, but here is the kicker -  the fact that we are even discussing this possibility means Vlad Poutine has already won.  He has achieved  much of his objectives -  He's had a Manchurian President doing his bidding for the past 4 years.  Even now to the point where Trump has denied Vlad's recent hacking of American govt agencies and businesses.   Who knows what other info Trump has given him in those 'secret' talks wt Putin as well as that secret meeting way back in 2017 wt the Russian ambassador.  One does not have to be conspiratorial to see the connection - it is hiding in plain sight.  Trump has discredited Putin's global competitors - China, Ukraine, he has enabled greater Russian influence in the Mideast though Syria while abandoning our friends the Kurds.  Trump has also undermined our relationships with our NATO friends. 

Hear is a radical thought:  At this point, I hope Trump tries a coupe and is crushed and tried Ok, not really as I don't want our country to experience the drama of it. However,  It may be the only way to keep him from divulging more secrets to Russian as a private citizen.  You know Putin isn't done with him yet as there is more info to be mined and he is a useful idiot to keep unrest stirred up in the USA and make Biden's life difficult as president. We will know when Putin will be done with Trump  - when Trump takes the window step instead of the stairs from the 6th floor.

• Plus1 1