Trump Coup Attempt

Trump Coup Attempt  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are some co-conspirators in the House that need to be flushed out

https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/nj-rep-says-lawmakers-held-reconnaissance-tours-before-capitol-riot/

A New Jersey congresswoman accused some lawmakers of leading groups around the Capitol for “reconnaissance” a day before the riot carried out by a pro-Trump mob.

Rep. Mikie Sherrill (D-NJ) said in a Tuesday night Facebook Live address to her constituents that she witnessed the alleged exploratory tours.

The unidentified members of Congress “had groups coming through the Capitol” in “a reconnaissance for the next day,” Sherrill said.

In the over 13-minute video, Sherrill said she intends to see those lawmakers “are held accountable, and if necessary, ensure that they don’t serve in Congress.”

Related:

https://www.chron.com/news/article/A-Stop-the-Steal-organizer-now-banned-by-15866621.php

Weeks before a mob of President Donald Trump's supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, right-wing activist Ali Alexander told his followers that he was planning something big for Jan. 6.

Alexander, who organized the "Stop the Steal" movement, said he hatched the plan - coinciding with Congress's vote to certify the electoral college votes - alongside three GOP lawmakers: Reps. Andy Biggs, Ariz., Mo Brooks, Ala., and Paul Gosar, Ariz., all hard-line Trump supporters.

"We four schemed up of putting maximum pressure on Congress while they were voting," Alexander said in a since-deleted video on Periscope highlighted by the Project on Government Oversight, an investigative nonprofit. The plan, he said, was to "change the hearts and the minds of Republicans who were in that body, hearing our loud roar from outside."

After riots inside the Capitol left five people dead - and Alexander and his group were banned from Twitter this week - those three GOP lawmakers are now under increasing scrutiny over their role in aiding the right-wing activist.

• Plus1 1

It is downright hilarious but simultaneously depressing the way the GOP leadership and normal people are reacting to what occurred. It’s like they can’t take a step back and think critically about it because they’re so deeply buried in s#!t of their own making. It must look insane from the outside.

Trump lost the election. He lost all of the lawsuits. Why was he even having a rally? The fact he had a rally at all should be part of the evidence used against him, because what was the purpose of it? He isn’t running for office, and the rally was called “March to Save America.” It’s right there in plain sight without him even having to say a word at the rally. We have become so normalized to these rallies, which we would have considered crazy and stupid up until 2015-2017, that people aren’t even talking about that. It is insane that the sitting president who lost the election organized a march on the Capitol. It is absolutely bats#!t crazy that people are normalizing all the other s#!t, when just this basic fact is nuts. Just think about it for a minute. But we, and I’m including people who don’t like Trump, have been conditioned to not stop and think about just that part of it by itself because he’s been doing rallies throughout his presidency. 

The fact this rally was taking place and was named that was as good as using the bat signal to call Batman. How else were they going to “save America” other than by taking delaying or stopping the count into their own hands? Of course that’s what any of his white supremacist and/or most insane supporters would have taken it to mean.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I like that reply to the post below

The above begs the question:   Why isn't the FBI interviewing Trump right now??

Maybe all of these insurrectionists can turn on Trump and the Feds can build a case that Trump was the MOB leader, monster mind behind it all.

I wonder if they could build a RICO case against Trump.   Encouraging people to cross state lines to commit an obvious crime??

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

A true experience I had with capital security:    Back in 1998 I and a couple of friends from work were in DC for a company meeting.  We went to the capital but it was too late for tours.  It was already dark - in December but not real late.  So we just walked around the capital. We were able to get up close and we could look into the Speaker's office. We could see the pictures.  No one bothered us as we walked around, got on a ledge to look in and then walk back to our cars.  In fact one of the capital 'guards' pointed out a couple of things to us before we did the walk around. We were just 3 midwest guys from different states just wanting to see what it all looked like inside.   This was before the days of 9/11 and obviously not with the same political culture that we have today.   Never would I think that one day, the capital would be attacked  in this way.  All of DC seemed to be 'sacred ground' to me - I was in awe of the Lincoln Monument, and the Washington Monument.  Seeing the WH up close (tours were closed for the day) and decorated on the outside for Christmas was amazing.   The capital building and the Supreme court steps were inspiring as well as the Vietnam and Korea War monuments.  We only had a few hours to roam around.    A few years later, my wife and I made it to DC for a couple of days and were able to do some tours and visit the museums, etc but not in the WH and the Capital.  Most moving was the changing of the guard at the  Tomb of the Unknown at Arlington Cemetery.     I encourage anyone and everyone to go to DC if you haven't.  This insurrection made my blood boil because it was opposite everything DC, Democracy and our Constitution stands for.  I can think of the ancient Hebrews in the Old Testament -  tearing their clothes when they saw their 'holy' places being trashed by the 'heathen' invaders.  Some things you just don't touch.  Also reminds me of how ISIS destroyed ancient archeological sites in Syria and Iraq.   These are crimes against humanity.  What happened in DC was crime against the people of America regardless of their political persuasion.   

Sorry for the rant.  Seeing more and more of these videos of the invasion just angers me.  The leaders at the top (Trump, Cruz, Hawley, Rudy etc) need to pay a price for this.

:rant

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They're on tape.

My guess is subpoenas start rolling out January 21st. 

A lot of that is political rhetoric that we have heard from many politicians for many years.

Based on those clips alone, I would say the most compelling cases for subpoenas would be for:

Levin

Eric Trump

Gosar

Brooks

Giuliani

I may be wrong, just my take from the video.