Trump Coup Attempt

Trump Coup Attempt  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 1/12/2021 at 1:55 PM, knapplc said:

That's David Quintavalle. He's a retired Chicago Firefighter.

He's been identified and the Police should already be knocking at his door.

It seems it was actually this guy.   Robert Sanford.  Just retired at 55 with a pension.  He can spend his retirement days at the Crossbar Hotel.

19 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It seems it was actually this guy.   Robert Sanford.  Just retired at 55 with a pension.  He can spend his retirement days at the Crossbar Hotel.

Kind of ironic - a fire fighter who would / could use a fire extinguisher properly to save lives, uses one to injure lives.  

Trump has turned normal people into angry monsters.   Trump has made this country very sick. 

So a friend turned him in.  I wonder if the friend was there too or just was able to identify him.  

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

A lot of that is political rhetoric that we have heard from many politicians for many years.

Based on those clips alone, I would say the most compelling cases for subpoenas would be for:

Levin

Eric Trump

Gosar

Brooks

Giuliani

I may be wrong, just my take from the video.

Trump organized a March on the Capitol to save America. That alone merits an investigation at least into what he expected to happen.

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, TGHusker said:

A true experience I had with capital security:    Back in 1998 I and a couple of friends from work were in DC for a company meeting.  We went to the capital but it was too late for tours.  It was already dark - in December but not real late.  So we just walked around the capital. We were able to get up close and we could look into the Speaker's office. We could see the pictures.  No one bothered us as we walked around, got on a ledge to look in and then walk back to our cars.  In fact one of the capital 'guards' pointed out a couple of things to us before we did the walk around. We were just 3 midwest guys from different states just wanting to see what it all looked like inside.   This was before the days of 9/11 and obviously not with the same political culture that we have today.   Never would I think that one day, the capital would be attacked  in this way.  All of DC seemed to be 'sacred ground' to me - I was in awe of the Lincoln Monument, and the Washington Monument.  Seeing the WH up close (tours were closed for the day) and decorated on the outside for Christmas was amazing.   The capital building and the Supreme court steps were inspiring as well as the Vietnam and Korea War monuments.  We only had a few hours to roam around.    A few years later, my wife and I made it to DC for a couple of days and were able to do some tours and visit the museums, etc but not in the WH and the Capital.  Most moving was the changing of the guard at the  Tomb of the Unknown at Arlington Cemetery.     I encourage anyone and everyone to go to DC if you haven't.  This insurrection made my blood boil because it was opposite everything DC, Democracy and our Constitution stands for.  I can think of the ancient Hebrews in the Old Testament -  tearing their clothes when they saw their 'holy' places being trashed by the 'heathen' invaders.  Some things you just don't touch.  Also reminds me of how ISIS destroyed ancient archeological sites in Syria and Iraq.   These are crimes against humanity.  What happened in DC was crime against the people of America regardless of their political persuasion.   

Sorry for the rant.  Seeing more and more of these videos of the invasion just angers me.  The leaders at the top (Trump, Cruz, Hawley, Rudy etc) need to pay a price for this.

:rant

I’ve been to Washington a number of times.  The first was early 90s and we were able to take a tour of both the capital and White House.  I left in absolute aww and wondering how someone could go to Washington and not feel the weight of the responsibility to do what is right and not be corrupt.  

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

ahhh...how cute.  you think that changes something or is a big gotcha moments.   i am glad he was arrested for believing trumps Big Lie and taking part in the storming of the capitol.   throw the book at him for being stupid enough to believe that the election was stolen.

• Plus1 1